Top Designers of the Week

Discussion started by mkiii

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-community "Top Designers of the week"

How does this work? I can understand that someone may upload / publish a whole library of models and get on there, or sell a large quantity of models, but with all due respect to this person :-

https://www.cgtrader.com/senyakuy I don't see how this is possible.

A few models of nothing more than boxes and cylinders with some ridiculous prices thrown out of blender in a matter of seconds. No reviews, (I assume) no sales, and otherwise no reputation to speak of, but somehow 700 points in one week, and a total of 2600+

How?

Should I get a photo of an attractive girl as my avatar perhaps? Is there something other than 3d modelling happening on CGTrader that I am unaware of?

Answers

Posted over 2 years ago

The point system CGT uses is probably still the very first one and it did not get any overhaul over the years. Easy to trick or hijack it.
Watching how many technical and systemic skeletons they have in the closet haunting them over and over again...well, I dont think we can expect a more "sensible" point or display or sale system any time soon...

mkiii wrote
mkiii
I can't say I have taken much notice of it, but since it affects my income, then maybe I should in future. Especially now that being paid by Paypal incurs a fee :/
Posted over 2 years ago

this is actually a known problem. if you see somewhere in the community, someone complain about the top designer too

NCJF wrote
* its actually the post before you, you can go see it yourself
Axeist wrote
he was removed since yesterday
Posted over 2 years ago

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. The user has been banned.

Kindly,
Greta from CGTrader

Posted over 2 years ago

Thanks for the prompt action Greta. I did suspect that something fishy was going on.

Posted over 2 years ago

Why would anybody want to go to 700 points?

mkiii wrote
mkiii
No one said that. Please read the post again. The point was that the person mentioned, had somehow gained 700 points in one week, and made "top designer", with no sales or presence on the site, there was obviously something fishy going on. They have been removed by CGTrader. No doubt they will return in another guise, but that's the problem with fraudsters.
Posted over 1 year ago

"Top Designers of the Week" is a subjective pov withing CGT.
You don´t have any influence on that.
When it comes to scoring you could write dumb threads, dumb comments or just give a like where ever you want and
you would get to the top, but never to the "designer of the week".
I´m lost now...... what was the crucial point here at all?

mkiii wrote
mkiii
You are replying to a long dead thread. The crucial point is exactly as described in my first post. and multiple times since. Somehow a person with nothing to sell, and no presence on the site, was awarded the Top designer of the week and gained 700 points. Although they were removed, they still somehow managed to achieve this ststus, and it is either a fault in the system, an exploitation, of some nefarious goings on.

Your answer

In order to post an answer, you need to sign in.

Help
Chat