Payment Reversal - No Cardholder Authorization. Lost more than $400 and got my model stolen!

Discussion started by Creative-Juice

I'm really frustrated as a seller here in CGTrader. I lost more than $400 and on top of that my model is stolen! Also, paid for the fees. I do understand that the payment reversal happens, but losing fees for that is really annoying.

https://ibb.co/sqy1rdS

Answers

Posted about 4 years ago

Today I also saw a list of refunds at $ 130 and a little in shock.
Here is it:
https://www.cgtrader.com/forum/selling-buying-3d-models/what-is-the-reason-for-refund-unauthorized-purchase-no-cardholder-authorisation
To the 30-25% that the CGtrader takes from us for services (Including services to protect transactions from fraud), it is necessary add another 10 percent for refunds. Robbery

Creative-Juice wrote
Creative-Juice
Really frustrating and can't believe CGTrader is doing nothing about this.
Posted about 4 years ago

Likewise, I tried to make money all my life. I am very tired and discouraged.

refunds at $ 374.92

https://www.cgtrader.com/forum/general-discussions/refunds-again-i-am-so-tired

Creative-Juice wrote
Creative-Juice
Horrible! I lost over $400 and weird thing is they can easily claim refund after many days from purchase. It is super frustrating. https://ibb.co/sqy1rdS
fahjung wrote
fahjung
Now I'm so stressed that I can't sleep. And the health is poor. TT_TT Stop thinking about my models went to warez sites.
Creative-Juice wrote
Creative-Juice
Did you reported to CGtrader and any luck with that?
fahjung wrote
fahjung
CGtrader can't help anything. https://www.cgtrader.com/forum/general-discussions/refund-problem-once-again-need-more-security-from-cgtrader
Posted about 4 years ago

We must come to terms with the fact that laying out our models here we substitute them under the constant risk of theft and the CGtrader does not give any real protection. This is a holey office.
You can not upload your best models ...

Posted about 4 years ago

You should report. All those affected by this type of operations should join and report. It is the only way to enforce your rights. In no way are you responsible, you are only the victim, because you are the only one who is harmed, without even having participated in the transaction. Those responsible can only be those who have intervened in the operation: the cardholder, the authorization center or CGT.

The cardholder is responsible for their custody and is required to report their theft, loss or fraudulent use. You would be surprised to know how many of the allegedly fraudulent operations have actually been done by the cardholder, or someone close to him. Is there a police report by the cardholder? Were the operations done before, or after communicating the incident to the financial entity?

If the payment means alert center already has knowledge, it blocks the card and no operations can be made with it, (except for off operations, without connection to the authorization center, and with a small amount limit). Was the card locked? Who authorized that operation? If there is authorization, why does the operation go back? And if there is none, why was the sale made?

The banks have warning systems that warn of risky situations: large purchases, large amounts, in suspicious stores (jewelry stores, art galleries ...), high-end objects ... They have limited amounts for off-road operations and fraudulent use insurance. Why does CGT not have a control system for operations like this? Why not take steps to solve this and other serious problems you have?

This situation is repeated too much and is very strange in itself, because those who dedicate themselves to clone cards, do so to obtain a benefit. And I don't see what benefit they get here. The thief may not be far from here. Anyway, electronic transactions leave a mark and this individual has left many, which the authorities can track. So, feel free to report.

Creative-Juice wrote
Creative-Juice
True. It is repeated (Same Buyer doing multiple transaction) and sad part is CGTrader team is noted of this activity and it seems no action is taken so far. I believe there need to be a lot of sacrifices done before some action taken place. As a seller here not much we could do about it, other than complaining. Hope it get resolved soon.
Posted about 4 years ago

Imagine, that you put up your goods for sale in a thrift store. The store sold the goods, but after half a year it says, that I'm sorry, we sold your goods for counterfeit money, please return your bargain to us, you owe us. Shit happens.
This is how the CGTrader's team argues such sales and refunds

Creative-Juice wrote
Creative-Juice
Exactly on point! Really, CGTrader's team allowing such revers-able payment without any time limitation is will hurt the sellers big time. This is not the first case, it is repeating and nothing is done by the website to protect such activity.
Posted about 4 years ago

Now models stolen from CGtrader are gradually distributed on warez sites.
Why doesn't CGtrader warn or DMCA takedown websites?

Would like him to come and answer. Don't be quiet.

Creative-Juice wrote
Creative-Juice
I don't honestly think it would work. It is nearly impossible for the CGTrader to block warez websites. They will keep changing IP and not just that they will easily run with different domain extensions. I already saw many of my model in warez websites. My only hope is just to at-least make the revers-able payment safe for many sellers here.
Posted about 4 years ago

Interestingly, pirates love only some sellers, or is this a common phenomenon, sellers simply prefer to keep quiet, writing off model leaks to the elements.

Your answer

In order to post an answer, you need to sign in.

Help
Chat