Low poly label.

Discussion started by najdmie

About half of my models is labelled low poly but I never intended it to be. I may have mislabeled them during upload. Before I correct them, I need to be sure that this is not automatically done by CGtrader, because I have hundreds of them. Any similar experience? Is this really a mistake on my part?

Answers

Posted 7 months ago

Yep, happens to me too since I use PBR textures it always flags those as Low Poly

najdmie wrote
najdmie
Thanks for letting me know. It seems that this is done automatically based on certain criteria. At least my model does not have the low poly sticker in thumbnail. But they still got categorized as low poly in listing. I also described my models as high poly, but this still has create misinformation to customer whey they cannot easily rig the model.
Posted 7 months ago

The category is low-poly/PBR, so any model that is either low-poly, or PBR, or both are showing there. I don't think this is causing much confusing to buyers, since this mixed category is only visible in your public profile and it's unlikely that many customers are looking for models there. In the main search page where majority of the customers are shopping, attribute filters are working independently and there should be no problem to filter the models by any available category or attribute.

3DCargo wrote
3DCargo
Ah I see "Low-Poly/PBR 3D models"... this should be renamed to "Low-Poly || PBR 3D models" ha! Lame coding joke. They could just put "Low-Poly or PBR 3D models", better yet just a different category section altogether.
LemonadeCG wrote
LemonadeCG
I've been asking for separate categories almost since day one. Cgtrader thinks it's fine as it is.
3DCargo wrote
3DCargo
ha, they probably wont like my request for their latest technical format then lol!
Posted 7 months ago

Not 1 x time was any of my models flagged as low poly when turned on the PBR checkbox.

I would be very glad if this would work, since most PBR models are meant for realtime and it would save my time.
However not all PBR models are indeed meant for realtime and some sellers claim to have a lowpoly model that is not a lowpoly model. Some are noobs and don´t know it better, some other try to trick the buyer and the marketplace.

As a consequence, low poly badges have to be requested manually each time and for every item by sending a request to support@cgtrader.com - that´s what CGTrader told me in my first days on CGT and since I doit regularly and they did not told me otherwise it´s still the only way to get a low poly badgeon CGTrader.

I don´t understand how you can get automatically low poly badges and it´s also completele nonsense that the PBR checkbox is enabling automatically the low poly badge. Both is nonsense.

SoccerModels wrote
SoccerModels
That´s the way. I would suffer if checking the PBR box would fire up a low poly badge, because surprise, surprise! high poly and dirty midpoly can also be done with PBR textures. Regards.

Your answer

In order to post an answer, you need to sign in.

Help
Chat