Universal Joint 3D print model
Universal joint, fully functional, accurately modeled, and ready for use in CAD, CGI, and 3D print applications. Modeled in Autodesk Inventor and provided in multiple file formats. Perfect for both digital and physical mechanical design projects.
Universal joints are used to couple two rotating shafts that are not parallel. They are commonly used with automobile drive shafts, steering columns, and a variety of industrial equipment.
Universal joint specifications:
- Shaft diameter: 1.000in
- Outside diameter: 1.500in
- Overall length: 4.000in
- Maximum operarting angle: 30.0deg
3 Provisions are included to mount the universal joint to your shafts:
- Keyway cut into bore
- Thru hole for spring pins
- Pilot hole that can be drilled and tapped to accept set screws
Universal joint is sized for a 1.000in diameter shaft. But parts can be easily scaled to use with any shaft diameter of your choice, in imperial or metric dimensions.
Scaling factors for common shaft sizes:
- 1.000in shaft = 100% scale
- 0.750in shaft = 75% scale
- 0.500in shaft = 50% scale
0.250in shaft = 25% scale
25mm shaft = 98.43% scale
20mm shaft = 78.74% scale
15mm shaft = 59.06% scale
10mm shaft = 39.37% scale
Native Autodesk Inventor 2012 files are provided with intact browser trees and parameter tables to allow full configurability and customization.
- 3 Autodesk Inventor 2012 part files for CAD (IPT format) - includes fork, block, and pin
- 2 Autodesk Inventor 2012 assembly files for CAD (IAM format) - includes finished assembly and exploded assembly
- 1 Autodesk Inventor 2012 drawing file for CAD (IDW format)
- 5 STP models for CAD - includes finished assembly, exploded assembly, fork, block, and pin
- 5 SAT models for CAD - includes finished assembly, exploded assembly, fork, block, and pin
- 5 IGS models for CAD - includes finished assembly, exploded assembly, fork, block, and pin
- 3 STL models for 3D print - fork, block, and pin
- 1 OBJ model for CGI - includes finished assembly
- 1 3DS model for CGI - includes finished assembly
- 1 FBX model for CGI - includes finished assembly
- 2 Viewable, read-only 3d models (DWF format, open using Autodesk Design Review free download) - includes finished assembly and exploded assembly
- 1 Detail drawing (DWG format)
- 1 Detail drawing (PDF format)
- 1 Read Me text file (TXT format) detailing the physical dimensions and quantities of all parts required to build the assembly
If you have any questions, either before or after purchasing this model, please feel free to contact me here on CGTrader and I will help in any way possible.