Extensive collection of 127 gears and accessories, accurately modeled and ready for use in CAD, CGI, and 3D print applications. Modeled in Autodesk Inventor and Carrara Studio and provided in multiple file formats (STP, SAT, OBJ, CAR, and STL). Gears are constructed with modular geometry, allowing them to be combined in an endless variety of ways. Easily create complex power transmission systems that produce rotational motion, linear motion, direction changes, speed multipliers, and torque multipliers. Perfect for both digital and physical mechanical design projects.
Collection includes 10 gear types in multiple sizes:
- 3 Gear racks (square profile) - 16, 32, and 64-tooth
- 3 Gear racks (round profile) - 16, 32, and 64-tooth
- 10 Spur gears - 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 24, 32, 40, 48, and 64-tooth
- 3 Ring gears (internal teeth) - 32, 48, and 64-tooth
- 3 Ring gears (internal and external teeth) - 32, 48, and 64-tooth
- 5 Helical gears (right-hand twist) - 16, 24, 32, 48, and 64-tooth
- 5 Helical gears (left-hand twist) - 16, 24, 32, 48, and 64-tooth
- 1 Miter gear set - 16/16-tooth (1:1 ratio)
- 4 Bevel gear sets - 16/24 (1:1.5 ratio), 16/32 (1:2 ratio), 16/48 (1:3 ratio), and 16/64-tooth (1:4 ratio)
- 5 Worm gear sets - 16 (1:16 ratio), 24 (1:24 ratio), 32 (1:32 ratio), 48 (1:48 ratio), and 64-tooth (1:64 ratio)
All gear tooth profiles are precisely modeled with accurate involute geometry and a small amount of backlash to ensure proper engagement. Pressure angle is a standard 14.5 degrees. Diametrical pitch is provided as 16 teeth/inch. Gears can be easily scaled to create any diametrical pitch or module that you may need.
Gears are provided in 3 styles:
- Drive - gear includes hub and bore that locks to standard ANSI D-profile shaft, optional set screw is included
- Idle - gear includes hub and bore that spins freely around standard round-profile shaft
- Template - gear has no hub and includes pilot hole that can be drilled to any size that you may need
All objects are provided in 5 file formats:
- STP (general solid model format for CAD)
- SAT (general solid model format for CAD)
- OBJ with external materials (general surface model format for CGI)
- CAR (Carrara Studio format for CGI)
- STL (general surface model format for 3D print)
If you have any questions, either before or after purchasing this model collection, please feel free to contact me here on CGTrader and I will help in any way possible.