Help

Discussion started by mattv2080

I have downloaded a 3d model but I don't know how to apply the texture. I don't know what I did but somehow I caused the PC I'm using to blue screen while trying to do it

Answers

Posted almost 4 years ago

i would like to help you, but we need a bit more information before anybody on this forum is able to help you out.
- what model did you download?
- what program was is made in originally?
- and in what 3d program are you trying to open it?

also, it might help to directly contact the seller. He/she made the model, so that person is the most familiar with it.

mattv2080 wrote
mattv2080
It was made in blender and its from another website
Polymath-Maniac wrote
Polymath-Maniac
ok, but from what website was it from? what is the model called? is it uv mapped? with this little information we are still basically blind to how to solve your problem. what you can try is to load the model, apply a simple emission material node, and then attach the image to that node with a image texture node. it should work without causing problems. not the prettiest in a render, but perfect to test if the model and texture works. you can then work on it from there. of course, that only works if the model is correctly uv mapped, but again, i have no information about your model so i can't know that.

For example You try to render model in Keyshot.
Is model high-poly? - May be a good idea to deccrease it.
Has model UV? - May by textures You are using for render 4k and PC is too weak?
So questions, question...

Do you have textures for it? i.e. is it even UV mapped?

mattv2080 wrote
mattv2080
It is, It's a single image
SimonTGriffiths wrote
SimonTGriffiths
You "should" be able to just attach the image to the material using the software of choice. What's the file format?

what software u use?

Your answer

In order to post an answer, you need to sign in.

Help
Chat