Discount?

Discussion started by dacya00

Hi there,

Can someone help me please, how can I give discount the model I want? Not all my designs. In a certain time period.

Answers

Posted almost 4 years ago

The short answer: no.
The discount is "general". All of your assets or none of them.
The reason is: khmm...soooooo....you should ask CGT about is, because we have no clue...

herca wrote
Thanks for your reply. I m new and trying to understand. I check the other designers page and they put some of their model 30% off, some 10% off, some nothing. But when I click the settings and discount sections if applied all same discount! I emailed Cgt as well and if I hear from them I’ll share here too.

A QUICK SUMMARY:
Your choice:
--- Participate in Sale offs: YES or NO (globally)
--- Participate in CGTrader Loyalty Discounts: YES or NO
--- The amount of discount: 30-40-50%
--- The amount of Super Discount rate: 30-40-50-60-70%

The amount of discount applied could be different for different assets but
IT IS NOT UP TO YOU. A CGT employee or algorithm makes the decision.

AFAIK CGT has never published the principals their "discount policy" is based on or how the selective use of discount applied on their end works.

My 2 cents:
I think CGT fears that they don't have the coder and technoligical background to handle a much more "sophisticated" discount system in terms of displaying assets and more importantly processing payments. And an "unhandled" system could harm their business and reputation.

A personal note:
I switched on and off discounts randomly for 3 months and I got higher viewing and sales numbers without them. Since then... I don't bother.

But this should be your decision based on your experiences....

LemonadeCG wrote
LemonadeCG
Virtually everyone who tried discounts on and off, comes to the same conclusion :] I tested them more thoroughly - on for 6 months and off for 6 month and repeated cycle twice and always got same result - no discounts are better for me. Customer can get personal discount from me if they ask, but that's about it. Giving discounts on everything all year long, is strategy for fools.

As I promised here the answer I got! Lets hope their department improve this because its very inconvenient.

" Sorry to say, but such an option is not implemented into our system, your models will either all have a discount or be at the full price.

We are aware that this has to be improved and we already advised the relevant department that such change is necessary and we hope the system will get updated in a way to apply a discount to certain models only."

Your answer

In order to post an answer, you need to sign in.

Help
Chat