JAS 39 Gripen Jet for Poser 3D model
The Saab JAS 39 Gripen (English: Griffin) is a lightweight single-engine multirole fighter manufactured by the Swedish aerospace company Saab. It was designed to replace the Saab 35 Draken and 37 Viggen in the Swedish Air Force (Flygvapnet). The Gripen has a delta wing and canard configuration with relaxed stability design and fly-by-wire technology. It is powered by the Volvo-Flygmotor RM12 engine, a derivative of the General Electric F404, and has a top speed of Mach 2.
In 1979, the Swedish government began development studies for an aircraft capable of fighter, attack and reconnaissance missions to replace the Saab 35 Draken and 37 Viggen. A new design from Saab was selected and developed as the JAS 39. Comparatively small relative to similar fighters, the Gripen has eight hardpoints that allow it to carry various armaments and equipment. It is also fitted with a single 27 mm Mauser BK-27 cannon.
Beset by early problems with its avionics during flight testing, during which a prototype was lost, the aircraft entered service in 1997. Saab has since cooperated with other aerospace companies in marketing the aircraft internationally, and has achieved moderate success in Central Europe, South Africa and Southeast Asia. More than 240 Gripens have been delivered or ordered as of 2012.
* Poser figure: obj, cr2/ png, with 128,679 polygons.
* Canopy can open and close, with an ERC dial on the Body.
* Tail rudder can rotate left-right, with an ERC dial on the Body.
* Front wings can rotate together, with an ERC dial on the Body.
* Left and right wing flaps can rotate up and down.
- One ERC dial rotates all wing flaps up or down.
- A second ERC dial rotates the wing flaps in opposite directions, as if the aircraft was turning.
* Landing gear can be hidden or shown; hide/ show poses are included.
* Includes a basic pilot in the cockpit, which can be hidden or shown.
* Left and right wing-mounted missiles can be hidden or shown or repositioned in the scene.
* Two sets of left and right under wing-mounted missiles can be hidden or shown or repositioned in the scene.
* Two sets of pylons (and one tank pylon) can be hidden or shown.
* Center tank can be hidden or shown or repositioned in the scene.
* In Flight: level flight with landing gear hidden and landing gear doors closed.
* Landed: tilted on ground with landing gear visible and landing gear doors open.
* Hide/ show poses:
- Three sets of left and right missiles.
- Center tank.
- Two sets of wing pylons.
- Center pylon
- Landing gear.
* Color textures (SWE markings): 2 textures at 4096*4096
* Bump maps: 2 textures at 4096*4096
* Specularity maps: 2 textures at 4096*4096
* Color, bump and spec maps for pylons and payload at 2048*2048
* Pilot color texture
This product is designed for use in Poser 5 and above. It has not been tested for use in DAZ Studio; although DAZ Studio may import the files, we do not use DAZ Studio and can't support any issues that may occur.
Original model created by Anders Lejczak. Uploaded for sale here with his permission.