First Model Challenge - February Edition
Uploading your first model must bring a good feeling. That one, where you feel the achievement and excitement rushing trough your veins! OK, even if we got a bit carried away here, the feeling is still a good one, right?
After the successful first launch of the competition, we're continuing the First Model Challenge!
The challenge will run for the full February and anyone who uploads his first CG model is a contestant in this challenge! The winner will be picked at the start of the March.
For the February edition, we have a real goodie from Reallusion - iClone Animation Pipeline package, worth $790!
Below are the models participating in this challenge. Browse through them or submit yours!
Awards & Prizes
There will be 1 individual winner for the CG First Model Challenge. Award will be given for the best 3D CG model or visualization uploaded during the challenge period.
Best CG First Model
For the winner of CG First Model Challenge
Terms & Conditions
In order to qualify for the prize winnings, you must agree to terms & conditions.
Things you must know
- CG 'First Model' Challenge will run from the 2nd of February, 2016, until the 2nd of March, 2016. You can upload models until March 1st, 23:59:59 CET.
- The first uploaded model by a registered user is considered a contestant in this challenge
- The new model must be uploaded during the challenge period to be competing in this challenge
- Cool renderings are optional but we will definitely consider this when judging.
Things you should know
- Designs uploaded to the gallery are not treated as valid entries.
- Don't forget to indicate what software was used in the making of the model.
- Upon joining this challenge, you agree that your rendering scene might be used by sponsors for marketing (non commercial!) purposes.
- You can only have one entry model. Only the first uploaded model is considered an entry to this challenge.
- The challenge is open to everyone, including teams, legal entities and people from all over the world.
- Participating in the challenge and uploading 3D models to CGTrader platform is free of charge.
- All the entries must be original and not derivable.
- Employees and relatives of CGTrader and sponsor teams are not allowed to participate in this challenge.
- Any existing taxes or duties must be paid by the winner. CGTrader is not responsible for any illegal actions taken by the prize winners.
- We are independent sheriffs of this challenge, so stick to the rules and don't do anything stupid.
- Got some questions? Have suggestions? Check for FAQ or drop us a line at email@example.com.
The judging of the challenge is supervised by CGTrader staff. Winners will be chosen following the requirements below:
Best CG 'First Model' Challenge Models
- Quality of the model
- Uniqueness, innovation, and general achievement in design of the model
- Clear and attractive presentation on CGTrader.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Please go through these questions before contacting us
Do I need to upload files or only images of my 3D design?
You need to upload files and images of your 3D design in order to participate in the challenge.
I don't want to put my entry model for sale. Do you have any suggestions?
Does earning money from your digital files sounds like a bad idea? Just try to put higher price on it, let's say 300 USD.
I don't want to loose copyrights on my model after it is sold.
There are General, Editorial and Custom licenses for you to choose under which you want to operate. Individuals or companies which bought your model can't use it for commercial purposes if it hasn't been changed. So no worries - you won't loose the copyright.
How can I participate in the challenge?
Design awesome 3D model for 'First Model Challenge' and upload it to CGTrader.
What if I put the required tag on my already published 3D model on CGTrader - do you treat it as a valid entry?
No. Only 3D models uploaded in the period from the 2nd of February 2016 to the 1st of March 2016 will be treated as valid entries.
Do free 3D models participate in the challenge?
Yes, absolutely. Sharing artwork is always appreciated in the community.
Can I enter with 3D models which participated in other challenges elsewhere?
Yes. There are no restrictions on publishing and selling your models elsewhere.
Do price tags play any importance when entries are being judged?
No. But do not forget that the prices are always judged by the customers.
I want to participate in the challenge so I am going to delete my already uploaded models and upload them again to meet the "publishing period" requirement. Can I do that?
No. We are tracking every deleted and uploaded model, so it is useless to drive-through our requirements of the challenge.