Sci-Fi Lamp Shade 3D print model
*A very unique lamp shade for all the tech enthusiasts, geeks and Star Wars fans out there! *
…and for those who love 3d printing ;)
All my test printing was done under the following system: Macbook Pro, 16GB RAM, Intel Core i7 2.9Ghz, Simplify3D
Please read the following tips carefully:
If your build volume is below 30cm on the z axis, you will have to print the split version.
My personal print settings:
- 0.16mm layer height (0.2mm is fine as well and way quicker)
- 5% infill
- 10 bottom layers
- 10 top layers
- 2 outlines
- 35 - 40mm/s print speed
- Z-Offset: -1mm (to create a flat surface)
- The printing time will take several days, depending on your machine and settings. If you try to print it hollow, it will drastically cut the printing time.
- recommended material: PLA, black matte
- you may want to use supports for the top hole. If your adhesion is very good you could also try to print it with the small hole facing down (like I did)
- some of the structures will tend to sag. But since this whole print is supposed to look grungy it should not be a problem. I did not use any supports
For the lighting I used the Philips Hue system. The cord is this one: https://amzn.to/2E4zAbN (Affiliate Link from Germany).
Just consider E27 for the fitting or try whatever you need in your country. Contact me, if you need adjustments on the top hole.
If you have any problems printing this or you just want to make some suggestions, do not hesitate to contact me. You can also reach out to me by writing an e-mail to email@example.com
Please note: this file is for personal use only. If you want to use it commercially just contact me and we will find a fair solution ;)