Configurable Two-Stage Gearbox 3D print model
Configurable two-stage gearbox (gear reducer), accurately modeled and ready for use in CAD and 3D print applications. Modeled in Autodesk Inventor and provided in multiple file formats. Perfect for robotics, hobby, and other mechanical DIY projects.
Native Autodesk Inventor 2012 files are provided with intact browser trees and parameter tables to allow full configurability and customization.
Gearbox can be configured to create 5 gear ratios:
Gears are included in 5 sizes:
- 20-tooth (20mm reference diameter)
- 24-tooth (24mm reference diameter)
- 30-tooth (30mm reference diameter)
- 36-tooth (36mm reference diameter)
- 40-tooth (40mm reference diameter)
All gears are module 1 in size and have a 20-degree pressure angle (for increased strength). Tooth profiles are precisely modeled with accurate involute geometry and a small amount of backlash to ensure proper engagement.
Input and output shafts can be configured to create 3 arrangements:
- Single-ended shafts, same side
- Single-ended shafts, opposite sides
- Double-ended shafts
All shafts conform to standard 10mm D-profile dimensions. For increased strength, you can use standard steel shafts in place of 3D-printed shafts. Shafts extend 20mm from housing in all configurations.
Gearbox is shown with 10mm ID x 26mm OD x 8mm thick steel ball bearings. This is a standard component that can be easily procured from a variety of vendors (McMaster part numbers are provided). For low-speed or reduced-load applications, a sleeve bearing is provided that can be 3D printed and used in place of steel ball bearings.
Gearbox housing is constructed from 2 identical halves. Assembled housing is 40mm x 50mm x 110mm.
Fasteners are standard metric M4 hardware that can be easily procured from a variety of vendors (McMaster part numbers are provided). Gearbox housing includes unthreaded pilot holes for easy mounting (4 holes per side).
- 39 Autodesk Inventor 2012 files for CAD (IPT/IAM/IDW format) - includes finished assemblies, exploded assemblies, parts, and detail drawings
- 31 STP models for CAD - includes finished assemblies, exploded assemblies, and parts
- 31 SAT models for CAD - includes finished assemblies, exploded assemblies, and parts
- 31 IGS models for CAD - includes finished assemblies, exploded assemblies, and parts
- 15 STL models for 3D print - includes parts
- 15 OBJ models for CGI - includes parts
- 15 3DS models for CGI - includes parts
- 15 FBX models for CGI - includes parts
- 16 Viewable, read-only 3d models (DWF format, open using Autodesk Design Review free download) - includes finished assemblies and exploded assemblies
- 8 Detail drawings (DWG and PDF format)
- 1 Read Me text file (TXT format) detailing the physical dimensions and quantities of all parts required to build the assembly
If you have any questions, either before or after purchasing this model, please feel free to contact me here on CGTrader and I will help in any way possible.