question

Discussion started by chrismodel

I applied for a project. The employer asked me to do the project and then he can see if he will like what I will do.

I am new in here. Please recommend me , do I have to start doing the project or I have to wait?

That things should make me start doing the project?

Thanks

Answers

Posted over 4 years ago

You should never start working on the project, untill client will chose you and prepay money (you will be informed about that by an e-mail). If client insists otherwise, then it's almost certain that he wants to screw you.

Posted over 4 years ago

Applying to "public" projects here (on CGT) is a "meaningless exercise" at all. Because "customers" always trying to get something that demands lots of time, but they want to get it "yesterday ASAP" and with price of generic stolen model. :) And when you are focused on project, you are losing your time in terms of models promotion and as result you are losing in your sales.

And as said LemonadeCG, never send to customers anything else than screenshots or previously made renders, until they choose you as contractor. If they don't accepting your offer -- just try to apply to another project (if you want).

The logic chain "I will send him brilliant model as my job example, and client will be excited and grateful and will choose me" don't works here.

LemonadeCG wrote
LemonadeCG
I wouldn't say that applying to public job offers is a hopeless. I've successfully done many jobs here at cgtrader through public offers and found some returning clients, which now and then comes back with new job opportunities. On the other hand i agree with you, that there are many suspiciously looking offers, or offers with insultingly low prices, but if you have some common sense and self respect, you still can find attractive job offers.
Posted over 4 years ago

It is better not to trust anyone given the circumstances, if the client starts entangling things, it is a very bad sign, and it is better to forget.
    Working as a cartoonist in an amusement park, I had to learn this by the hard way.
     Every time a client looked for ways to do things outside the procedure, he ended up refusing to pay.
      In the end, when this happened, I learned to ask for payment in advance, and I never regretted doing so.

Your answer

In order to post an answer, you need to sign in.

Help
Chat