Are my models worth anything?

Discussion started by nikolar007

I have many free models and I wander if work like that is worth anything and if yes what prices should I put?

My account: nikolar007

Answers

Posted over 7 years ago

Hello, I checked out your models and most of them are very basic, meaning they are mostly primitive shapes tweaked a little. A lot are also just obscure random objects with simple models that most people won't go on cgtrader to find. I don't think people would pay for that type of thing since they could just make it themselves relatively easy. That's not accounting for textures though, which you do have. Maybe you could combine a lot of vaguely similar items into a single package and sell that? I think the thing that would most likely sell is your smartphone model if you set a price for it, maybe 5 or 10$. Also the mounted machine gun could sell if it had a more complex model perhaps.

Posted over 7 years ago

I approve the points made by yuuva. Further, I think you can partly answer the question yourself:
Think about projects people could use your models for. Are there any? If so, would that be projects where people have enough budget to buy assets?

Posted over 7 years ago

It helps a lot if you decide an overall category to model in, the 3 main ones being characters, environments, and props, and then try to get better at one of these by looking up work that inspires you and try to see how it was made, and watch tutorials/etc. of course you don't have to specialize and you could just model in all categories which there's nothing wrong with that, but you may spread your talent thin

Your answer

In order to post an answer, you need to sign in.

Help
Chat