History Through 3D Printing
It is evident that 3D printing has place in schools and will continue to have a significant impact and value for education. That's why we decided to contribute to the worldwide initiative and organize an educational project called "History Throug
How will it work? You can find the list of required models below. Every week it will be updated to demonstrate, which models are still required to complete the collection. At the end of the challenge, the best models will be awarded. Even if your model is not among the winners, be sure to check the final collection - we may still feature it if it's got us charmed.
We are doing this because we believe that our community is strong enough to initiate such a movement and help the young generation become better aware of 3D printing and its potential to be used in the process of learning. This idea is supported by amazing partners: 3D Systems offering the 3D printer for the winner of this challenge and Colorfabb!
- Art Nouveau
- Beaux Arts
- Art Deco
- Modernist styles
1. William McKinley (1897-1901)
2. Theodore Roosevelt (1901-1909)
3. William Howard Taft (1909-1913)
4. Woodrow Wilson (1913-1921)
5. Warren G. Harding (1921-1923)
6. Calvin Coolidge (1923-1929)
7. Herbert Hoover (1929-1933)
8. Franklin D. Roosevelt (1933-1945)
9. Harry S Truman (1945-1953)
10. Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953-1961)
11. John F. Kennedy (1961-1963)
12. Lyndon B. Johnson (1963-1969)
13. Richard Nixon (1969-1974)
14. Gerald Ford (1974-1977)
15. Jimmy Carter (1977-1981)
16. Ronald Reagan (1981-1989)
17.George Bush (1989-1993)
18.Bill Clinton (1993-2001)
19. George W. Bush (2001-2009)
20. Barack Obama (2009-present)
Join this meaningful initiative and let's do some good together!
Below are the top quality models that were participating in this challenge.
Awards & Prizes
For the 1st place winner
- CubePro printer by 3D Systems
- Box of 4 special filaments: bronzeFill, copperFill, brassFill and woodFill by Colorfabb
- T-shirt by CGTrader
- 5 free sales by CGTrader
- Promotional features by CGTrader
For the 1st runner-up
- Spool of special filament of choice by Colorfabb
- T-shirt by CGTrader
- 3 free sales by CGTrader
- Promotional features by CGTrader
Terms & Conditions
In order to qualify for the prize winnings, you must agree to terms & conditions.
Things you must know
- History Through 3D Printing Challenge will run from the 10th of August, 2015, to the 13th of October, 2015.
- When uploading your entry be sure to check "history-challenge" to get your model tagged and counted to the challenge.
- Cool renderings are optional but we will definitely consider this when judging.
- Only entries submitted during the challenge period are considered as valid entries.
Things you should know
- Designs uploaded to the gallery are not treated as valid entries.
- Upon joining this challenge, you agree that your rendering scene might be used by sponsors for marketing (non commercial!) purposes.
- The challenge is open to everyone, including teams, legal entities and people from all over the world.
- Participating in the challenge and uploading 3D models to CGTrader platform is free of charge.
- All the entries must be original and not derivable.
- Employees and relatives of CGTrader and sponsor teams are not allowed to participate in this challenge.
- Any existing taxes or duties must be paid by the winner. CGTrader is not responsible for any illegal actions taken by the prize winners.
- The winners of the challenge will be announced during the two weeks period after the challenge ends.
- Got some questions? Have suggestions? Check for FAQ or drop us a line at email@example.com.
The judging of the challenge is supervised by CGTrader staff. Winners will be chosen following the requirements below:
- Quality of History Through 3D Printing Challenge model
- Uniqueness, innovation, and general achievement in design of History Through 3D Printing Challenge model
- Clear and attractive presentation on CGTrader.com (detailed description, high-quality pictures)
Frequently Asked Questions
Please go through these questions before contacting us
Do I need to upload files or only images of my 3D design?
You need to upload files and images of your 3D design in order to participate in the challenge.
I don't want to put my entry model for sale. Do you have any suggestions?
Does earning money from your digital files sounds like a bad idea? Just try to put higher price on it, let's say 300 USD.
I don't want to loose copyrights on my model after it is sold.
There are General, Editorial and Custom licenses for you to choose under which you want to operate. Individuals or companies which bought your model can't use it for commercial purposes if it hasn't been changed. So no worries - you won't loose the copyright.
How can I participate in the challenge?
Design awesome 3D model for History Through 3D Printing Challenge and upload it to CGTrader.
What if I put the required tag on my already published 3D model on CGTrader - do you treat it as a valid entry?
No. Only 3D models uploaded in the period from the 10th of August to the 13th of October 2015 will be treated as valid entries.
Do free 3D models participate in the challenge?
Yes, absolutely. Sharing artwork is always appreciated in the community.
Can I enter with 3D models which participated in other challenges elsewhere?
Yes. There are no restrictions on publishing and selling your models elsewhere.
Do price tags play any importance when entries are being judged?
No. But do not forget that the prices are always judged by the customers.
I want to participate in the challenge so I am going to delete my already uploaded models and upload them again to meet the "publishing period" requirement. Can I do that?
No. We are tracking every deleted and uploaded model, so it is useless to drive-through our requirements of the challenge.