July 13th, 2011
Quite a busy June for CGTrader team. Many bug fixes and improvements to design and style. Also put an interactive infographic slideshow to help you understand how selling 3d models works on CGTrader. Don't forget to publish 3d models, invite referrals and leave feedback.
A lot more to come. Stay tuned!
June 18th, 2011
Re-publishing large library to a new online shop can be tedious task. It may take weeks to upload hundreds of models one by one and set all the relevant details. Although artists want to increase publicity for their products, usually they don't want to go through boring job of publishing whole library once again.
After discussing with several big vendors we started offering auto-publishing via FTP. Now all you need to do is to simply upload model files via FTP and tell us where your products are published online. We will do there rest. Your products will be published and assigned to your CGTrader account with all relevant information, preview images and file formats.
May 29th, 2011
We wrote about ristan_bethe's 3D models of humans last week that really worth attention of interior designers. And now we will make interior designers even more happy revealing the last big upload by the sbgwolf: ~90 great models of furniture (sofas, tables, cabinets, beds, chairs, etc) and different stuff to be placed in 3D interior designs.
May 19th, 2011
Now you can publish 3D models intended for game or realtime applications under the category Game / Realtime. In the future we will implement related features in publisher and search engine.
Game / Realtime category contains these subcategories:
May 18th, 2011
Yesterday tristan_bethe uploaded 4 exclusive 3D models that a really worth consideration of architectures and interior designers.
The man (a senior, a businessman, pregnant lady or a man in T-short) is standing casually and seems to be waiting to get into your room, kitchen or terrace that now are empty in your interior or architectural plan.
May 18th, 2011
Here is the list of upcoming features and known issues we are working on right now:
- Item page doesnt show product category in which a product is published. Will be implemented as breadcrumbs navigation address below menu bar.
- Search phrase and selected filters get canceled when Sorting or Items per page functions are used.
- Advanced Search by Author name doesnt work.
- Related Keywords on Product page need some calibration to suggest better keywords.
- 3D models and Revit models are shown on the same page. Will be separated to distinct pages and tabs.
- Revit uploading is not yet fully functioning.
- Product edit replaces publishing date so it goes to top of the new models list at the Homepage. Will elaborate on that.
- Personal Message dont work when try to send via Item Page user name link.
- User Interface Help Tips will be implemented to assist you on various functionality.
- Selection checkboxes will be implemented in Files and Images uploader.
- Thumbnails sometimes shows empty image (half-open box image).
Fixed bugs and new features:
May 11th, 2011
We are excited to launch a platform for CG community that will change the rules of the game within CG community.
This is very ambitious target, we know, and the only way to achieve it is keep ourselves focused on developing both the platform and new understanding of what fair partnership in CG industry really means.
At CGTrader, we continually strive to optimize the digital 3D experience for all members of our community, whether creators or buyers of 3D models. Today, we're excited to introduce two major developments that will significantly impact how 3D models are created, validated, and used: the CGTrader Quality Standard and the Kodama Plugin.