March 5th, 2018
Win valuable prizes by exposing your digital art to millions at the CGTrader Digital Art Competition
Excitement is in the air as we launch a brand new art event – the CGTrader Digital Art Competition! CG artists from around the world are invited to bring their best 2D and 3D digital artworks. An audience of 1.2M+ CGTrader users can’t wait to see and appreciate great works of art. With over a dozen competition sponsors also ready to feature the best works, the exposure will be massive. And if that weren’t enough, prizes worth $60,000 are just begging artists to jump in!
Our Digital Art Awards proved to be a great success, so now we want to give even more love to both 2D and 3D artists, and invite them to submit their best artworks to six categories: Character Illustration, Character Concept Design, Environment Illustration, Environment Concept Design, Object Design, and Object Concept Design.
This time there are separate categories for sketches/concept art, to invite more imagination and inspiration in the competition. Even though the categories are sufficiently self-explanatory, you can read more about them in the dedicated Digital Art Competition page. You do not have to make new works to participate in the competition - we understand that it is not necessarily the latest work that is your best. Let’s see your favorites, even if they were made in 1985!
It takes only three simple steps to enter:
- Select your original artwork and pick the most suitable category for your artwork.
- Second, add a tag “Participant of CGTrader Digital Art Competition” on your portfolio website (see how to do it here).
- Fill in the submission form and tell your friends to vote for your work!
We will be reviewing submissions every day and pinning them to dedicated CGTrader gallery boards, so you can see who else is participating, select your favourites and encourage others to join the public vote. The artwork which receives the most likes on CGTrader will win the Public Award – be sure to tell your friends!
Here are the key requirements to consider before submitting your artwork for this competition:
- Submit only one unique image per entry assigning it to the most relevant category. You shouldn’t submit images of the same character, environment or object to both the concept art and illustration categories.
- You can submit up to 3 different artworks per category. If you exceed the number of allowed entries, we will disqualify the latest submissions and consider only first three works presented.
- Your submitted artwork must be original (owned by you) and should in no way violate intellectual property rights.
- Your entry has to include a link to the competition page on your portfolio website including but not limited to a personal website or/and online portfolio in other design communities.
- And finally – do NOT miss the deadline on September 30th. Keep in mind, that the earlier you enter, the more exposure and votes you will receive in the gallery!
For more detailed terms and requirements visit the Competition Rules section.
This competition would not be happening if not for the help of our sponsors. Everyone at CGTrader sends their warmest gratitude to Character Illustration category sponsor, provider of professional digital handwriting and digital painting solutions – Huion, Environment Illustration category sponsor, the go-to place for architectural visualization and tutorials – Tony Textures, Object Design category sponsor, the illustration, comics and animation software developer – Celsys, Character Concept Art category sponsor, which has helped thousands of students to improve their skills – Paintable, Environment Concept Art category sponsor, providing pro-level art education to students around the world – Pencilkings, and Object Concept Design category sponsor, the creators of industry-leading digital art software – Marmoset.
Tell us what you think!