March 30th, 2020
Free 3D Printable Resources for COVID-19 Prevention
3D design and 3D printing can play a role in helping us get through the COVID-19 outbreak. By enabling to manufacture just about any design, 3D printing can produce useful gadgets on demand like air filter holders and door openers as well as face shields.
To help you quickly locate 3D models that can be useful in preventing the spread of Corona virus, our team at CGTrader has collected a list of resources available for free download. These include assets designed both by members of CGTrader community and other 3D design and 3D printing enthusiasts.
We want to express huge thanks to all designers for dedicating their time and skills to innovate and create useful gadgets for COVID-19 protection! This week we will also be launching a design challenge for the CGTrader community to create new 3D printable models for protection against coronavirus. Prizes will be awarded to the winning designers.
If we haven’t included a link to a 3D printable resource that can be useful for battling the spread of Corona virus, please share it in the comments section and we will update this post.
Please note that most of these resources do not have official medical certifications so always prefer using certified protection gear if you have an access to it.
Stay safe & stay healthy.
- Folding Face Shield Design by zeiff2
- Prusa Protective Face Shield by Prusa Research
- Face shield on frames by Robotikos Mokykla (Thanks to 3D Creative, Rytis Mikalauskas for modeling!)
Prusa Protective Face Shield - RC3
Masks and air filter holders
- Reusable respirator mask by bkzthunder
- Coronavirus fast mask by Alex Szczesnowicz
- Masks against Corona Virus by Copper3D
- Grip to help pull or push doors without a direct contact by Juan Santana gonzalez
- Hands-Free 3D-Printed Door Openers by materialize
- Corona Hook by N3D
Tell us what you think!