Tesla Roadster RC 3D print model
This is another model I thought would take a few weeks, but ended up taking a year. I originally intended it to be a desk ornament that slowly turns, but after much thinking and redesigning, it became this 1/12 scale Tesla Roadster replica RC car that's easy to build. I hope Elon doesn't mind, but I tweaked her body ever so slightly to make her more curvy.
Here are her features:
- operational doors, trunk, lights and steering wheel.
- Easy clip together construction.
- Designed for FDM printing, so no supports are needed.
- Only basic edge cleanup is needed for assembly.
- Starman mini figurine with poseable arms and head.
- Tyre making mould (to use with the silicone, cornstarch and water recipe).
- SImple two speed high/low gear system.
I provide her in individual parts as well as grouped and in obj, stl, fbx, and the original 3Ds Max file and Gcodes I used. I recommend using your own slicing software, because my settings were for a 'fast as possible' print. Much better results can be achieved with finer layer height. I set most big parts to 0.15mm layer height.
I hope you choose to support further designs by purchasing this car and I offer my deepest thanks! Cheers!