Paris Streets and Buildings 3D model
UPDATE - October 23, 2018
- compatibility added with the Paris Road Network 3D model (UPDATE version) - https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/architectural/street/paris-road-network-and-streets
- 16 (instead of 7) building groups for better realism
- .3ds and .stl support removed
- .dxf file format added
- .blend file format added
- 1 artistic design 5333x5333 (28.4 Megapixel) map texture added
- 1 5333x5333 (28.4 Megapixel) map texture with street and square names added (this texture can be transparent by adding to the alpha channel, therefore it can also be used together with other materials as an overlay texture)
- more details added with floor level geometries and updated buildings
POINTS : 9548301
POLYGONS : 7854409
No earlier version files were removed. All files available to download on purchase.
- this model is based on real data therefore this is a realistic buildings and streets setup of Paris, France
- 7 building groups, separated to top and side parts of the buildings, are setup so that you can add variety to buildings (color materials and/or textures) Groups can be turned off/on
- UV mapped with overlapping UVs
- the plane for the map textures is UV mapped with non-overlapping UVs
- the model is positioned on a flat surface (all buildings are on the “floor” - no elevation data included)
- geometry is polygonal quads and tris
- model is untextured and renders fast
- this 3D model is/can be licensed (commercial use is fine) under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareALike 2.0 (CC-BY-SA) license
- textures license is : Royalty-Free
- buildings and streets data from OpenStreetMap / www.openstreetmap.org
Attribution : © OpenStreetMap contributors / http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright
POINTS/VERTS : 6763265
POLYGONS : 4627928
- .c4d - native format
- .fbx - v7.1
- .dae - v1.5
Extra description is to avoid any misunderstanding with the 3D model
- The “streets” in the title means the area between the buildings. It is not a separate 3D model. There are other models available called “XYZ” Road Network and Streets where the streets are actual 3D models (“XYZ” is just an example and substitutes a real city/area name). You can check the details of every model by watching the preview images. You’ll get exactly that 3D model on purchase which you see on the preview images. UPDATE : this 3D model comes with 2 5333x5333px map textures so that you can represent actual streets and squares.Please, see the UPDATE details for more information.If you need real 3D model road network you can always check out the following 3D model (https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/architectural/street/paris-road-network-and-streets).
- Please note, that although the model reflects reality there might have buildings missing if there is no data available for certain parts of the city depending on the degree of data processing. Missing parts might be available later and if it happens an update will come to the model. If you purchased the model all updates come with no extra cost.
Also there might be buildings already on the map which they don’t even exist yet due to urban planning projects regarding to the future.
Same concept of this point applies to any terrain 3D model if it comes with this model.
- Those 3D models are compatible with each other (they match by a simple copy and paste command) where the description includes this kind of information. Compatibility added continuously over time. If you need a “XYZ”Streets and Buildings and a “XYZ” Road Network 3D model of the same city/area but they are not compatible, please contact for availability. Usually this kind of request can be prioritised.
- These models are designed to show and present the city/area in the title in a minimalistic concept. They show a close to exact streets and buildings alignments and building heights (excluding parts where there is no or insufficient data to build 3d geometry) therefore they can be used for many purposes but they are not designed to build ie. high precision urbanscape.
- These models are not 3D print ready.
- On purchase, you’ll receive exactly the 3D model that you see on the preview images. Lighting setup isn’t included so you can render the model in your scenes or you can download a free render studio for the city 3D models in .c4d (native format) and .fbx (exchange format). The.c4d is basically ready to render. In the .fbx and/or .dae files the light parameters/details should be setup in your 3D software.
Free render studio download : https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-models/various/various-models/render-studio-for-cinema-4d
Please, make sure that the model will suit to your project by checking the preview images and 3D Model description. If you’re unsure or have doubts, please ask before purchase and your questions will be answered precisely.
—————————————— 3D model license is : Creative Commons Attribution-ShareALike 2.0 (CC-BY-SA) Textures license is : Royalty-Free
Attribution : © OpenStreetMap contributors / http://www.openstreetmap.org Attribution: Map tiles by Stamen Design, under CC BY 3.0. Data by OpenStreetMap, under CC BY SA 2.0 and Map tiles by Stamen Design, under CC BY 3.0. Data by OpenStreetMap, under ODbL. ——————————————
The City Project by boscorelli3D - www.boscorelli.net