Cartoon rig for production in Maya
want to share this rig's overview that I did couple of years ago, is not a tutorial but it shown a lot of interesting features , it is a layered rig that mean that the rig is build layering deformers and blendshape and so on .
- IK/FK system (one chain, not using 3 arms/legs system but using only one joints chain)
- Non-roll "unbrakable" system for legs and arms (that mean that you can rotate how you want the animation controls without have any weird result on mesh)
- Reverse foot system (a complex math & utilities node's network to manage reverse foot)
- Fixing blendshape for shoulder/hips (fixing character's meshes adding fixing blendshape managed with driven key controls)
- Face expression with UI
- Stretchy arms & legs + wire deformer with controls
- squash and stretch for body and head
Hope tha you like :)
In order to post an answer, you need to sign in.