Are my models good enough for selling?

Discussion started by NArtist

Hi designers!

I wonder what you think about my models?

https://www.cgtrader.com/nartist

Is my work a waste of time or I have good content. I need some advice from you.

Thanks!

Answers

Posted almost 4 years ago

I started modelling about a year ago so i may not have a good idea of all this but i think your work is very good! Also some models maybe could sell at a higher price. If your model's price is set too low people may think there is a lack of quality.

NArtist wrote
NArtist
Thank you. I tried to make prices a little higher for about a month but I got no sales during this time. Maybe there were other reasons why people didn't buy my models but I thought it was a high price, so I made prices lower again. Thanks for your advice again : )

You likes/views ratio is pretty high and your models look very good. I think you can do very well if you manage to lower the poly count in some of your models. Like that HK 416, it has 700k faces, that's very high even for high poly models. If you do a version under 20k and bake the details using normal map, it will be a lot more attractive for buyers.

Also, this house,
https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/exterior/house/oggy-house
could be marked as low-poly.

Low-poly doesn't necessarily means the flat, big, blocky polygons style. There's not a strict rule on that. I generally ask myself if my model, given its size and purpose, would fit in a modern game, if so, I mark them as low poly.

NArtist wrote
NArtist
Thanks for your advice. I will consider it. : )

IJust wondering what software do you use mainly for your models? I started a few weeks ago so I don't really have any suggestion redagring the models themselves, but i noticed you have the marmoset 3d preview on some model which can be very useful to put on more of your 3d models to make them shine!
PS: The basketball court looks really cute!

NArtist wrote
NArtist
Hi, thanks! I usually use Cinema 4d for modelling, but sometimes I use 3ds max as well. I think cinema 4d is much more convenient and easy to use. However 3ds max has a lot of tools and it is more advanced. I think both of these Softwares are good. unfortunately, I have no experience using other modelling software. :)

If you are making sales then someone find your models useful therefore they are good.

Your answer

In order to post an answer, you need to sign in.

Help
Chat