Valentine's Day 3D Printing Challenge
February is mostly about love and love is all about the great DESIGN of faith.
So no matter if you've got someone to share your breakfast with or you're still single because you have not yet met someone who can handle all of your awesome, we want you to put your creative energy to work and design the perfect Valentine's day gift.
What 3D printing models bring to the table is the unexpected, the impossible-made-possible and the truly personal. So we think it's time to 3D print the present that will leave your SO in awe (and get you all the great prizes!). Let's not have another Valentine's day filled with chocolates and meaningless postcards...
What could make a good present? Aim for classics and add your own twist: jewelry, art, home or gadget categories seem to be the best fit for this occasion. You can even print your beloved's 3D dog model for a perfect surprise. Show us some love!
Below are the top quality models that were participating in this challenge.
Awards & Prizes
Valentine's Day 3D Printing Challenge will have one winner and two runner-ups.
Best 3D Valentine's Challenge Model
The award will be given for the best 3D model uploaded during the challenge period.
For the 1st place winners
For the 1st runner-up
- 1 roll of filament by Cartesio3d
- Promotional features by CGTrader
- $100 by CGTrader
- 100 credits by CGTrader
- T-shirt by CGTrader
Terms & Conditions
In order to qualify for the prize winnings, you must agree to terms & conditions.
Things you must know
- Valentine's Day 3D Printing Challenge will run from the 14th of January, 2015, to the 9th of February, 2015.
- When uploading your entry be sure to check "valentine-challenge" to get your model tagged and counted to the challenge.
- Cool renderings are optional but we will definitely consider this when judging.
Things you should know
- Designs uploaded to the gallery are not treated as valid entries.
- Upon joining this challenge, you agree that your rendering scene might be used by sponsors for marketing (non commercial!) purposes.
- You can have as many entry models as you want.
- The challenge is open to everyone, including teams, legal entities and people from all over the world.
- Participating in the challenge and uploading 3D models to CGTrader platform is free of charge.
- All the entries must be original and not derivable.
- Employees and relatives of CGTrader and sponsor teams are not allowed to participate in this challenge.
- Any existing taxes or duties must be paid by the winner. CGTrader is not responsible for any illegal actions taken by the prize winners.
- We are independent sheriffs of this challenge, so stick to the rules and don't do anything stupid.
- Got some questions? Have suggestions? Check for FAQ or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The judging of the challenge is supervised by CGTrader staff. Winners will be chosen following the requirements below:
The judging of the challenge will be performed by CGTrader staff. Winners will be chosen following the requirements below:
Best Valentine's Day challenge Model
- Quality of the 3D Valentine's Day challenge model
- Uniqueness, innovation, and general achievement in design of the 3D Valentine's Day challenge model
- Clear and attractive presentation on CGTrader.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Please go through these questions before contacting us
Do I need to upload files or only images of my 3D design?
You need to upload files and images of your 3D design in order to participate in the challenge.
I don't want to put my entry model for sale. Do you have any suggestions?
Does earning money from your digital files sounds like a bad idea? Just try to put higher price on it, let's say 300 USD.
I don't want to loose copyrights on my model after it is sold.
There are General, Editorial and Custom licenses for you to choose under which you want to operate. Individuals or companies which bought your model can't use it for commercial purposes if it hasn't been changed. So no worries - you won't loose the copyright.
How can I participate in the challenge?
Design awesome 3D printable model for Valentine's Day and upload it to CGTrader.
What if I put the required tag on my already published 3D model on CGTrader - do you treat it as a valid entry?
No. Only 3D models uploaded in the period from the 14th of January to the 9th of February 2015 will be treated as valid entries.
Do free 3D models participate in the challenge?
Yes, absolutely. Sharing artwork is always appreciated in the community.
Can I enter with 3D models which participated in other challenges elsewhere?
Yes. There are no restrictions on publishing and selling your models elsewhere.
Do price tags play any importance when entries are being judged?
No. But do not forget that the prices are always judged by the customers.
I want to participate in the challenge so I am going to delete my already uploaded models and upload them again to meet the "publishing period" requirement. Can I do that?
No. We are tracking every deleted and uploaded model, so it is useless to drive-through our requirements of the challenge.