i.materialise Holiday Challenge
It may seem a little early, but being early can’t hurt, right? Remember last year’s shipping nightmare? Yeah, we thought so. Let’s take the hassle out of this year’s Christmas shopping and start thinking about the perfect gift for your friend, your loved one, your home or pet. We have a little surprise this time that will keep you on track and motivated!
Having joined forces with the 3D printing experts from i.materialise, we are thrilled to present you the i.materialise Holiday challenge that has two distinct categories – silver and ceramics.
3D print models are here to make the Christmas shopping a tad more special with the customization and bespoke design options. It’s time that we move away from gift vouchers and ginger cookies to high-quality, beautiful presents that have the power to dazzle or bring back personal memories. Think jewelry, homeware, personal accessories, hobbies, crafts or anything else that can spark a smile.
What we’re asking, really, is to keep in mind the material that you wish your gift to be printed in; avoid the cheap Santa figurines and snowflake decorations and think bigger – what can help you win and then help you sell? Remember, the winner gets his models printed by i.materialise!
3D-Print for your bright Christmas with the right gifts!
Check out the Things you should know section for more info on category specifications!
Below are the models participating in this challenge. Browse through them or submit yours!
Awards & Prizes
The challenge will have two categories (silver and ceramics) with one winner in each of them.
Best 3D Silver Gift model
For the winner
Best 3D Ceramics Gift model
For the winner
Terms & Conditions
In order to qualify for the prize winnings, you must agree to terms & conditions.
Things you must know
- i.materialise Holiday Challenge will run from the 10th of October, 2014, to the 9th of November, 2014.
- When uploading your entry be sure to check "3D Holiday Challenge" to get your model tagged and counted to the challenge.
- For the file format it is better to use the file type supported by i.materialise 3D printlab. We support .stl, .3ds, .igs, .model, .mxp, .wrl, .3dm, .skp, .dae, .fbx,.matpart, .magics, .matAMX, .amf, .mgx, .ndo, .asc, .cli, .slc, .mtt, .mdck, .cls, .f&s, .ssl, .sli, .jt, .prj, .sat, .CATPart, .CATProduct, .dxf, .ply, .zcp, .prt, .asm and .obj 3D model files.
- The materials you can use for this challenge is Silver and Ceramics. You use all colors and finishes of these materials. Make sure to keep into account the design rules of these material. Rules for silver are here. Rules for ceramics can be found here.
- Dimensions for SILVER: The limitation of Silver is determined by the model volume of your design. This should be below 2cm3. This info can be found in most software under a properties menu called volume.
- Dimensions for CERAMICS: For Ceramics, it’s slightly more difficult. You need to make sure that when the sum of X, Y and Z is below 400mm. For example a part fitting in a box of with 120 x 120 x 120 mm is fine because if 120+120+120 equals 360mm which is below 400mm. You are of course free to have a different X, Y, Z dimensions if the sum of X, Y and Z is below 400mm.
- It is needed to keep the surface below 900mm2. This kind of information can be found under a properties menu called surface in most CAD packages.
- 3D print models uploaded to the gallery are not treated as valid entries.
- Upon joining this challenge, you agree that renderings of your models might be used by sponsors for marketing (non commercial!) purposes.
- You can have as many entry models as you want. By uploading more than 10 entry models you are eligible to enter Portfolio category too.
- The challenge is open to everyone, including teams, legal entities and people from all over the world.
- Participating in the challenge and uploading 3D print designs to CGTrader platform is free of charge.
- All entries must be unique and never 3D printed before.
- Employees and relatives of CGTrader and sponsor teams are not allowed to participate in this challenge.
- Any existing taxes or duties must be paid by the winner. CGTrader is not responsible for any illegal actions taken by the prize winners.
- i.materialise’s general terms & conditions apply to this challenge, for more information visit the following link
- i.materialise reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Any amendment to competition rules will be posted on the i.materialise website.
- Note that the jury selects upon the 3D renders you put online, so make sure to make a very clear, visible render.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternatives or substitutes will be allowed. The decision of the jury will be final.
- Got some questions? Have suggestions? Check for FAQ or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The judging of the challenge is supervised by CGTrader staff. Winners will be chosen following the requirements below:
The judging of the challenge will be performed by CGTrader, i.materialise and Autodesk 123D.
Winners will be chosen following the requirements below:
- Quality of the 3D Holiday Gift printable in silver / ceramics model
- Uniqueness, innovation, and general achievement in design of the 3D Holiday Gift printable in silver / ceramics model
- Clear and attractive presentation of the model
- Printability of the model
Frequently Asked Questions
Please go through these questions before contacting us
Do I need to upload files or only images of my 3D design?
You need to upload files and images of your 3D design in order to participate in the challenge.
I don't want to put my entry model for sale. Do you have any suggestions?
Does earning money from your digital files sounds like a bad idea? Just try to put higher price on it, let's say 300 USD.
I don't want to loose copyrights on my model after it is sold.
There are General, Editorial and Custom licenses for you to choose under which you want to operate. Individuals or companies which bought your model can't use it for commercial purposes if it hasn't been changed. So no worries - you won't loose the copyright.
How can I participate in the challenge?
You need to design 3D Silver / Ceramics gift and upload it to CGTrader.
What if I put the required tag on my already published 3D model on CGTrader - do you treat it as a valid entry?
No. Only 3D models uploaded in the period from the 10th of October to the 9th of November 2014 will be treated as valid entries.
Do free 3D print models participate in the challenge?
Yes, absolutely. Sharing artwork is always appreciated in the community.
Can I enter with 3D models which participated in other challenges elsewhere?
Yes. There are no restrictions on publishing and selling your models elsewhere.
Do price tags play any importance when entries are being judged?
No. But do not forget that the prices are always judged by the customers.
I want to participate in the challenge so I am going to delete my already uploaded models and upload them again to meet the "publishing period" requirement. Can I do that?
No. We are tracking every deleted and uploaded model, so it is useless to drive-through our requirements of the challenge.