CG Robots Challenge
The new generation of robots is nothing like the sandwich-maker-type of machines that we thought them to be 20 years ago. Modern robots can look and behave like humans, pushing the imagination boundaries to extreme lengths. Here at CGTrader we think robots(like the recent ultron 3D model) are cool and they'll be integral to our future, but everyone knows that creative projects like building a robot have to start from the basics - it starts with an idea. What will the robot look like? What functions and features will it have? Will it be a cute, functional, military, utilitarian or steampunk machine? We love them all, bring it on!
The CG Robots Challenge is designed with 3D artists in mind who are interested in exploring new concepts and creating something fresh and mind-bending. Don't worry about rules or restrictions - there are none. All 3D robot designs are welcome, but we thought you might want to know that we're very bad at saying no to inventive and new ideas. Can you imagine (and 3D model) the future today? Then we want to see it! Showcase your skills and win prizes worth more than $7000!
Below are the models participating in this challenge. Browse through them or submit yours!
Awards & Prizes
There are two categories of awards in this challenge. Each of them will have one winner and two runner-ups.
For best 3D model and best 3D portfolio 1st place winners
For two best 3D model and two best 3D portfolio runner-ups
- 3D Shader Bundle by Video Copilot
- iClone5 PRO Bundle by Reallusion
- Video of choice from V-Ray or 3ds Max classes by CG School
- 100 credits by CGTrader
* For a free KeyShot license to render your entry, email firstname.lastname@example.org with
Terms & Conditions
In order to qualify for the prize winnings, you must agree to terms & conditions.
Things you must know
- 3D CG Robots Challenge will run from the 17th of December, 2014, to the 15th of February, 2015.
- When uploading your entry be sure to check "robots-challenge" to get your model tagged and counted to the challenge.
- Cool renderings are optional but we will definitely consider this when judging.
Things you should know
- Designs uploaded to the gallery are not treated as valid entries.
- Upon joining this challenge, you agree that your rendering scene might be used by sponsors for marketing (non commercial!) purposes.
- You can have as many entry models as you want. By uploading more than 10 entry models you are eligible to enter Portfolio category too.
- The challenge is open to everyone, including teams, legal entities and people from all over the world.
- Participating in the challenge and uploading 3D models to CGTrader platform is free of charge.
- All the entries must be original and not derivable. Although you are welcome to use classic designs, like Star Wars 3D models for inspiration.
- Employees and relatives of CGTrader and sponsor teams are not allowed to participate in this challenge.
- Any existing taxes or duties must be paid by the winner. CGTrader is not responsible for any illegal actions taken by the prize winners.
- We are independent sheriffs of this challenge, so stick to the rules and don't do anything stupid.
- Got some questions? Have suggestions? Check for FAQ or drop us a line at email@example.com.
The judging of the challenge is supervised by CGTrader staff. Winners will be chosen following the requirements below:
The judging of the challenge will be performed by CGTrader staff. Winners will be chosen following the requirements below:
Best 3D Robot Model
- Quality of the 3D Robot model
- Uniqueness, innovation, and general achievement in design of the 3D Robot model or visualization
- Clear and attractive presentation on CGTrader.com
Best 3D Robots Portfolio
- Quality of the 3D Robots portfolio
- Uniqueness, innovation, and general achievement in design of the 3D Robots portfolio
- Clear and attractive presentation on CGTrader.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Please go through these questions before contacting us
Do I need to upload files or only images of my 3D design?
You need to upload files and images of your 3D design in order to participate in the challenge.
I don't want to put my entry model for sale. Do you have any suggestions?
Does earning money from your digital files sounds like a bad idea? Just try to put higher price on it, let's say 300 USD.
I don't want to loose copyrights on my model after it is sold.
There are General, Editorial and Custom licenses for you to choose under which you want to operate. Individuals or companies which bought your model can't use it for commercial purposes if it hasn't been changed. So no worries - you won't loose the copyright.
How can I participate in the challenge?
Design awesome 3D robot model and upload it to CGTrader.
What if I put the required tag on my already published 3D model on CGTrader - do you treat it as a valid entry?
No. Only 3D models uploaded in the period from the 17th of December to the 15th of February 2015 will be treated as valid entries.
Do free 3D models participate in the challenge?
Yes, absolutely. Sharing artwork is always appreciated in the community.
Can I enter with 3D models which participated in other challenges elsewhere?
Yes. There are no restrictions on publishing and selling your models elsewhere.
Do price tags play any importance when entries are being judged?
No. But do not forget that the prices are always judged by the customers.
I want to participate in the challenge so I am going to delete my already uploaded models and upload them again to meet the "publishing period" requirement. Can I do that?
No. We are tracking every deleted and uploaded model, so it is useless to drive-through our requirements of the challenge.