3D Printed Gadget Accessories Challenge
Think about a box. Do you picture it? Now think out of the box. It’s a dead-simple instruction how to become a cool inventor. We need your shining talent to upgrade the things we cannot get enough of – phones, laptops, cameras, TVs, tablets, etc. Create a cool gadget (electronic or otherwise) accessory, something really useful and out of the box (follow the instruction) and get your hands on some amazing prizes.
There couldn’t be a better time to start inventing. Combine your sharpest ideas with 3D printing to bring the new inventions to life – multi-purpose cases, stands, holders, gramophones or any other downloadable 3D models - you name it. If you need a quick test to see whether your idea is cool enough, show it to a five-year-old – they never lie.
Smart inventions for smarter life is what we aim for – let’s go pimp some gadgets.
Below are the models participating in this challenge. Browse through them or submit yours!
Awards & Prizes
There are two categories of awards in this challenge: best model and best portfolio.
Best 3D Gadget Accessories Model
The award will be given for the best free 3D model uploaded during the challenge period.
For the winner
Best 3D Fashion Portfolio
The award will be given for the best and most of 3D printed gadget Accessories models uploaded during the challenge period.
Terms & Conditions
In order to qualify for the prize winnings, you must agree to terms & conditions.
Things you must know
- 3D Printed Gadget Accessories Challenge will run from the 17th of October, 2014, to the 8th of December, 2014.
- When uploading your entry be sure to check "3D Gadget Challenge" to get your model tagged and counted to the challenge.
- You can model wide range of models: from 3d printed phone cases to earphones holder. The originality of the model will be definitely considered when judging.
Things you should know
- Designs uploaded to the gallery are not treated as valid entries.
- Upon joining this challenge, you agree that renderings of your models might be used by sponsors for marketing (non commercial!) purposes.
- You can have as much entry models as you want. By uploading more than 10 entry models you are eligible to enter Portfolio category too.
- The challenge is open to everyone, including teams, legal entities and people from all over the world.
- Participating in the challenge and uploading 3D models to CGTrader platform is free of charge.
- All the entries must be original and not derivable.
- Employees and relatives of CGTrader and sponsor teams are not allowed to participate in this challenge.
- You can find the challenge announcement on our Blog and feel free to drop a thread on our Discussions board.
- Any existing taxes or duties must be paid by the winner. CGTrader is not responsible for any illegal actions taken by the prize winners.
- We are independent sheriffs of this challenge, so stick to the rules and don't do anything stupid.
- Got some questions? Have suggestions? Check for FAQ or drop us a line at email@example.com.
The judging of the challenge is supervised by CGTrader staff. Winners will be chosen following the requirements below:
The judging of the challenge will be performed by CGTrader. Winners will be chosen following the requirements below:
- Quality of the 3D printed gadget accessories model
- Uniqueness, innovation, and general achievement in design of the 3D printed gadget accessories model
- Clear and attractive presentation of the model
Frequently Asked Questions
Please go through these questions before contacting us
Do I need to upload files or only images of my 3D design?
You need to upload files and images of your 3D design in order to participate in the challenge.
I don't want to put my entry model for sale. Do you have any suggestions?
Does earning money from your digital files sounds like a bad idea? Just try to put higher price on it, let's say 300 USD.
I don't want to loose copyrights on my model after it is sold.
There are General, Editorial and Custom licenses for you to choose under which you want to operate. Individuals or companies which bought your model can't use it for commercial purposes if it hasn't been changed. So no worries - you won't loose the copyright.
How can I participate in the challenge?
You need to design 3D printable gadget accessories model and upload it to CGTrader.
What if I put the required tag on my already published 3D model on CGTrader - do you treat it as a valid entry?
No. Only 3D models uploaded in the period from the 17th of October to the 8th of December 2014 will be treated as valid entries.
Do free 3D models participate in the challenge?
Yes, absolutely. Sharing artwork is always appreciated in the community.
Can I enter with 3D models which participated in other challenges elsewhere?
Yes. There are no restrictions on publishing and selling your models elsewhere.
Do price tags play any importance when entries are being judged?
No. But do not forget that the prices are always judged by the customers.
I want to participate in the challenge so I am going to delete my already uploaded models and upload them again to meet the "publishing period" requirement. Can I do that?
No. We are tracking every deleted and uploaded model, so it is useless to drive-through our requirements of the challenge.