RC Monster Truck Axle Rockwell Axle 3D print model
This is an upgraded axle design made to resemble old military axles, rockwell 5 ton axles that were used on 1980's era Monster Trucks. The files consist of a two piece axle casing, 2 piece hubs, and Suspension mounts for shocks and links and/or leaf springs. I recently added a bracket to mount the servo behind the axle. To complete these axles you need the following parts.
- 5mm to 6mm aluminum shaft couplers https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shaft-Coupling-5mm-to-6mm-Bore-L20xD12-Robot-Motor-Wheel-Rigid-Coupler-Red-2-PCS/323735699060?hash=item4b6026be74:g:VJoAAOSwvXReqE79
- Traxxas Tmaxx 3.3 complete Differentials
- Kyosho Mad Crusher Hub Carriers (You will cut these to length), Knuckles and bearings, 17mm hubs, dog bones shafts (you will cut these to length), outer axle shafts
- JConcepts Tribute Wheels. Designed to bolt wheel directly to printed hub using the 6 hole pattern and M3 screws.
- Width of axle with wheels installed is approximately the same width as a Tamiya TXT-2 and is adjustable to preference based on how short you cut the Hub Carriers.