This car was designed specifically for STUDENT FORMULA 2015 where my team ULTIMATE FORMULA ONE RACERS is participating. Took days to design this car in full engineered way. The suspension geometry, chassis structural members are entirely custom-made. The specification of the car is as follows:
1) It has tubular space-frame chassis made up of material AISI 1020.
2) The suspension is pushrod suspension for front and rear wheels.
3) It has custom-made upright and hub which has been designed by the hard points taken from the suspension geometry. The suspension geometry is made by following the steps from books of various authors and then simulated in an Suspension Analysis Software. The upright and hub are made up of AL 6061 T6 material.
4)The Wheel is 13 inch rim with 0 offset. The tyre Dimension is 145/80 R13
5) The Engine and transmission used is of bike HONDA CBR 250R. The differential is however custom-made i.e., a sprocket is attached to the differential, which makes it chain driven differential.
6) The exhaust used has a custom-made muffler of light material.
7) The Intake manifold has the following items in this sequence Air Filter>Throttle Body>Restrictor>Plenum>Fuel Injector. The Air restricor is made up of 20mm diameter at its throat as given in the rule book.
8) The Chassis designed follows the cockpit template, Internal cross-sectional template and Percy template i.e. 95th Percentile Male template.
8) It has custom Made ABC Pedal with two Tandem Master Cylinders.
9) The Impact Attenuator is designed in such a way that it can absorb more than 7350 Joules of energy.
10) The seat is made up of FRP and the whole body is made up of steel.
The whole car is made according to the FSAE Rulebooks which makes this car the safest race car to ride on track! Hope all you like my design!!