August 28th, 2017
The deadline of Designer Schwag competition has passed, so what’s next?
Yesterday, August 27th, was the last day to submit your entries for Designer Schwag challenge on CGTrader. Those who submitted their work are definitely eager to learn the winners and we surely don’t want to keep you all in the unknown, so here is a quick update on what is going to happen now.
As the challenge is a bit more tricky than usual, there is an inevitably longer process associated and a few steps we need to complete before announcing the winners. We have received over 500 submissions, many of which in the last days of the competition, and though a number of 3D models have been reviewed throughout the competition, the latest submissions still need to be checked. As we have promised, those who entered the competition before the deadline, will be evaluated and even given a bit of time to re-submit assets if some technical problems are noticed.
So here is what you can expect to happen in the coming two weeks:
- We are going to review all assets and feedback designers on technical issues before Thursday, August 31st. Please, check for email from email@example.com to see the status and if your asset needs to be updated.
- You will have 3 days from the date of technical feedback sent to you to update and resubmit the asset.
- We will process all assets and their updates following the deadline of resubmission. When the asset is fully reviewed and gets approved, we make it public in the entries section of the challenge and send an email to creator about the fact. We are planning to finalize approval stage before September 11.
- Once we have the full list of approved entries, we will move on to selecting best of the best and plan to announce the winners mid-September.
What you can do in the meantime?
- First of all, enter Sports & Hobbies competition that ends September 13 (again, all submissions uploaded before that date will be reviewed). The requirements are similar to those for Designer Schwag, and the prize pool is again huge, so you should definitely join.
- Received the feedback on your assets? Fix the problems listed. If you are not sure what is meant by any of the rules - the do’s and don’t section should help you out as we provided visual examples of every rule. If there are still things you are not sure about, just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have not received feedback? This likely means the asset is somewhere in the review process, and you should hear from us soon ;)
Tell us what you think!