May 19th, 2011
Now you can publish 3D models intended for game or realtime applications under the category Game / Realtime. In the future we will implement related features in publisher and search engine.
Game / Realtime category contains these subcategories:
Join the discussion about game-ready products.
May 18th, 2011
Yesterday tristan_bethe uploaded 4 exclusive 3D models that a really worth consideration of architectures and interior designers.
The man (a senior, a businessman, pregnant lady or a man in T-short) is standing casually and seems to be waiting to get into your room, kitchen or terrace that now are empty in your interior or architectural plan.
These models are 3D scans without any retopo done.
Albert Hadley, The Story of America's Preeminent Interior Designer, once said:
The essence of interior design will always be about people and how they live. It is about the realities of what makes for an attractive, civilized, meaningful environment, not about fashion or what's in or what's out. This is not an easy job.
May 18th, 2011
Here is the list of upcoming features and known issues we are working on right now:
- Item page doesnt show product category in which a product is published. Will be implemented as breadcrumbs navigation address below menu bar.
- Search phrase and selected filters get canceled when Sorting or Items per page functions are used.
- Advanced Search by Author name doesnt work.
- Related Keywords on Product page need some calibration to suggest better keywords.
- 3D models and Revit models are shown on the same page. Will be separated to distinct pages and tabs.
- Revit uploading is not yet fully functioning.
- Product edit replaces publishing date so it goes to top of the new models list at the Homepage. Will elaborate on that.
- Personal Message dont work when try to send via Item Page user name link.
- User Interface Help Tips will be implemented to assist you on various functionality.
- Selection checkboxes will be implemented in Files and Images uploader.
- Thumbnails sometimes shows empty image (half-open box image).
Fixed bugs and new features:
- Uploading images sometimes picked up other images, already existing in the database. It happened when image names were the same. Now it is fixed.
- Added Make Primary button at image uploader. Now you can assign any uploaded image as primary image.
- Optional PayPal email address field is added at Sign Up form.
- PayPal email warning at My products page if email address is not provided.
- In Product Description there was a problem with character encoding and occasionally was showing diamond signs with question-marks. Now it is fixed.
- Product status in My Products section now shows
- Products and Profiles without customer ratings are marked as Not rated yet
- Neutral customer rating now means 50% of positive rating.
- File formats below thumbnails was stepping out of the frame. Now it is fixed.
- CGTrader Statistics, Filter by date gets canceled when trying to sort table by any column.
- Description text editor toolbar is purged from unnecessary functions.
May 11th, 2011
We are excited to launch a platform for CG community that will change the rules of the game within CG community.
This is very ambitious target, we know, and the only way to achieve it is keep ourselves focused on developing both the platform and new understanding of what fair partnership in CG industry really means.
The platform is in open-beta yet, developers team is focused on fixing the known issues. Were looking forward to your feedback and will update about new features shortly.
Why are we developing cgtrader.com? Being 3D designers ourselves we faced the unfairness of current CG stock sites when sharing the income with the authors. We felt the speculators profited form our talent and the we calculated how much they did! Then we asked ourselves: who created more value: author or speculator?
Then we were looking for more fair 3D models stock, discussed with the speculators requesting to lower the commission - and failed. No one agreed to listen what are the real needs of CG designers and so we had no choice but to build a fair platform ourselves.
We know cgtrader.com yet lacks of some functionality, 3D models and awareness world wide. Were working on this.
But we also know what CG designers really need:
- get fair payments for their talent (no commissions!)
- transparent just in time transactions
- easy upload and portfolio management
These three are our focus that we believe will bring benefits to the whole CG community.
If you find a bug or have suggestion please use Leave Feedback button on menu bar or post a comment in our forum.