Sherman MK VC Firefly - Chaser 3D model
M4 Sherman Firefly Mark VC - British variant with the 17 pounder anti-tank
Originally modelled in cinema4D 16. Detailed enough for close-up renders.
- No cleaning up necessary, just drop your models into the scene and start rendering.
- No special plugin needed to open scene.
- Phong shading interpolation / Smoothing - 35°
- NOTE - In lightwave, obj and 3ds the Bumpmap (Hull_B, Gun_B, Parts_B and Turret_B) must manually load in the Materialcanal. (Strength 35-40)
- Polygones - 297598 Vertices - 234172 - 234 Objects - 11 textures - 4 bumpmaps
- obj File - lwo file - 3ds file - fbx file Version 2010
The Sherman Firefly was a World War II British variant of the American Sherman tank, fitted with the powerful British 17 pounder anti-tank gun as its main weapon. Originally conceived as a stopgap until future British tank designs came into service, the Sherman Firefly became the most common vehicle with the 17 pounder in World War II.
After the problem of getting the gun to fit in the Sherman's turret was solved, the Firefly was put into production in early 1944, in time to equip Field Marshal Montomery‘s forces for the Normandy landings. It soon became highly valued as the only British tank capable of defeating the Panther and Tiger tanks it faced in Normandy at standard combat ranges. In recognition of this, German tank and anti-tank gun crews were instructed to attack Fireflies first. Between 2100 and 2200 were manufactured before production wound down in 1945.