1 / 7
Useto navigate. Pressescto quit
3D modeled candle flame - Renders well from all surrounding perspectives (instead of billboards that need a constraint)
All texturing and modeling is procedural (see screenshot - you can adapt this model and the V-Ray Shader to your needs)
Since this is procedurally animated, shaded and modeled in 3D Studio Max and V-Ray, there is no option to export the shader to other engines.
However, for those, who want to use the animated mesh in other programs, there is:
- an Alembic (Ogawa) cache with 1200 frames vertex animation
- a FBX File with pointcache with 1200 frames vertex animation
- a OBJ File with a pointcache with 1200 frames vertex animation, which can be loaded manually after importing the .obj
- a baked gradient of the selfillumination color as RGB .exr file - this does not contain fresnel fallof for transparency, which has to be solved in the shader in the engine of your choice
For consistency, the exported versions have a higher mesh resolution like the .max versions
- Polycount: 360 Polygons, 182 Vertices - can be adapted: from lower than 80 Polygons to as many as you need.
- Shader: V-Ray only, produces alpha and GI
- Model: Polygonal (Quads and Triangles) from parametric object (Sphere) - easy to change.
- Animation: Parametric deformers, keyframed and non-keyframed animation