November 21st, 2018
Update: 3D collections tool
See how easy it is to add models to existing collections and find out about other updates to our 3D collections tool.
A couple of months ago we introduced the 3D collections tool – feature which allows you to create collections of your assets on CGTrader. The feature announcement covers everything you need to know about creating and editing a collection.
The new update improves several things about 3D collections. Most importantly, you can now easily add new models to an existing collection.
Add a new model to a collection
Click here to see a higher quality preview.
- Go to your 'Models' page
- Select the models you want to add to a collection
- Click 'Collections' in the top right
- Select 'Add to existing collection' in the dropdown menu
- Click the '+' button in the collection list
- Review your collection, add relevant information to the description, any new tags and click 'Save'.
Other changes and fixes:
- Optimized larger collection loading time
- Updated description markdown – use the Preview button to check your description before publishing
- Deleted models will not show up in collections
- All file formats available in collection are now shown in the marketplace listing page
- Preview images will show which model they belong to (only works with automatically added preview images)
Tell us what you think!