October 2nd, 2018
The Publisher just got a major update!
Now, the time has come to unveil the new 3D model Publisher! Find out what’s new: watch our video and read this post!
Single page 3D model publishing
The Publisher lets you upload your files, name and describe models, set and rearrange preview images – all in a single page. You can also drag & drop your files on the whole page.
The best model tag suggestions
Our system uses AI image recognition algorithms and marketplace data to suggest the best tags for your model. Choose the ones you find the most relevant and don’t forget to add your own tags. We recommend adding at least 10 tags, but keep in mind that the best-selling models on CGTrader have 15–20 tags. Hover over the real-time Publishing Score to get more tips and recommendations.
Real-time Publishing Score
You can see your Publishing Score in real time! This helps you improve your asset on the go and make sure you have the best upload from the start. Hover over the Score to see tips how to improve it. The Publishing Score is shown at the top and/or bottom of your Publisher window.
There are many other improvements to the Publisher. Here are some notable ones:
- Sort multiple images – you can sort several images at once.
- Preview drafts at any time – see how every change affects your product.
- Markdown in the description – make your descriptions bold or organize the information into a list.
- Marmoset, Vimeo and YouTube previews are now easier to add.
- The same Publisher works for both CG and 3D print models.
- Correctly indicated Materials, Textures and Plugins are automatically added to the technical details section of the product.
Go to the Publisher right now and try it out!
Update (November, 2018):
- You can now expand the description field to see more text and have easier access to text-editing.
- Markdown is also improved in Publisher/Collections/Templates.
Tell us what you think!