Pharaohs Lighthouse 3D model
"Pharaohs Lighthouse" or the Lighthouse of Alexandria was built by the Ptolemaic Kingdom between 280 and 247 BC. Although no photos exist, its image appears on coins and Pharaohs lighthouse was described by Julius Caesar and other historical figures as being an immense marble block structure made in 3 sections with the lower being trapezoidal, then hexagon, and a round upper tower which was capped with a temple dome. The Pharaohs Lighthouse gained legendary status as it was said to rise to the heavens and was the home of Posideon but in reality it was only between 393 and 450 ft (120 and 137 m) tall. However its strategic significance was not overstated as it was fortified and situated on the island of Pharaohs bisecting Egypt's two main harbours in the city of Alexandria.
The lighthouse included garrisons at the base and provided defence of the city. It is considered the one of tallest buildings of the ancient world although the Lighthouse of Alexandria (completed about 280 BC) was very tall, but its true height is not known and it is possible that structures in Asia were taller. Also, nearby stands the Great Pyramid in Egypt which was clearly the tallest structure in the world, but is not considered a liveable building. A series of 3 earthquakes ultimately destroyed the lighthouse in 1300's until the foundation was revived in fifteenth century as the site for another prominent fortress, the "Citadel of Qaitbay" which stands to this day.
Product Features (obj/ 3ds):
- Approx 6,332 polygons.
- Made entirely with 3 point polygons (triangles).
- Does not include any grouping information or parts.
- This version includes an mtl file, which your software program should read to colorize the model.
- The model has basic UV mapping and textures (in jpg format) are included, at 2048x2048 pixels.
Product Features (Vue 2012):
- Vue vob file with with approx 6,332 polygons.
- Does not include any additional group information or parts.
- Colorized using Vue shaders and texture maps.
Vue model optimization by Dream Cutter LLC.