T-70 - Soviet light tank of the Second World War. Developed in October - November 1941 at the Gorky Automobile Plant (GAZ) under the leadership of Nikolai Alexandrovich Astrov, the leading developer of the entire domestic line of light tanks of that period. In January 1942, the T-70 was adopted by the Workers ‘and Peasants’ Red Army and was mass-produced at several machine-building plants. Production of the T-70 continued until October 1943 /
Since the summer of 1942, light tanks T-70 took an active part in the battles of the Great Patriotic War. The apogee of their military service was the Battle of Kursk, after which they began to disappear from the units of the Red Army, although individual copies were used until the end of the war.