1 / 7
Useto navigate. Pressescto quit
PolyDamage for Blender is the official Blender version of the original PolyDamage plugin for 3dsMax.
PolyDamage is a tool to quickly add damage and imperfections to models.
- Nothing is perfect in real life, so adding damage to your models make them look more realistic.
- PolyDamage is a quick alternative to manually sculpting damage with other software packages.
- PolyDamage adds an extra realism to concrete walls, grounds, stones, columns.
- PolyDamage quickly adds damage to corners and edges.
- Since it is procedural, you can make millions of damage variations of one single object.
- You can save the seed value of damage and next time you can get the same result with this seed value.
- You can adjust the parameters and adjust the depth of damage, or edge damage amount.
- Adjust the resolution slider to increase the level of detail in damaged areas.
PolyDamage only works well on closed meshes, a simple solidify modifier before can do the job for certain cases.
It works with Blender 2.91 and upper
I have used this now for a while and I honestly can't imagine using Blender without it. It works so well and so user friendly. Works well for simple stones effects (just like shown in the youtube demos), but:
- elongated geometries have issues, they get smoothed more than they should
- every now and then one mesh ends up non-manifold
both issues could be solved script wise (in fact, I am now writing my own script to solve that issues) but right now you have to manually check each output to be sure it doesn't have holes.
Positive rating all in all, but there's wide margin of improvement, especially for a 24$ tool.Amazing plugin, very useful!Easy to use and very powerful Very nice plugin. If I could add anything, it would be auto-generating an additional vertex group for the damaged parts and more than one noise type to select from.