MacBook Air 2018 Low-poly 3D model
Nearly all preview images shown are rendered in Octane. Plus some extra screenshots at the end so you can see how the model looks in the UI of some of the exchange formats. Environments and lighting setups are not included, but let me know if you want them aswell.
- Real world scale.
- All geometry is subdivision ready.
- Fully unwrapped, non-overlapping UVs.
- 8K Textures. (Let me know if you need a higher than 8K resolution, i made them vector based).
- The Screen Panel is rigged (in Cinema 4D), from 0% to 100% (135 degrees of rotation).
- Fonts used for the textures: SanFrancisco Pro [Regular/Heavy].
- The speaker holes are an 8K opacity texture (1000*10800 pixels on each side) so it looks pretty good even in close ups as you can see. I did model that polygonally too, but the polycount was just way too high to make sense for any use, and it didnt even look that much better. But let me know if you want that polygonal version too, i can send you free of charge.
- There is an LED backplate bellow the keycaps, to beter simulate a realistic light spill between the keys.
- ONLY FOR OCTANE: There are 2 different versions of the Apple logo on the Screen Panel, as you can see in the different renders. One is the new MacBook Air 2018 model version, and one is the old white glowing logo (which i actually prefer, so i thought i should include it too). Just change the order of the shaders, they are both applied to the geometry.
_C4D_Octane - Cinema 4D project file with Octane shaders. This is where all the renders come from. Screenshot attached.
- Base polycount: 23,295.
- Subdiv level 2 (as rendered) polycount: 243,082.
- 8K Texture Maps.
_ORBX - Octane Standalone Package. Can be unpacked into OCS, or imported.
_FBX_HD - Autodesk FBX with the highest model fidelity (subdivisions, weights, UV's, base mesh, and object hierarchy the way it was modeled).
Polycount for all files bellow: 92,738, add subdivision/smoothing to match your close up needs.
_SPP - Substance Painter Project file. You can edit the textures for all the formats bellow. Screnshot of the model rendered in IRray attached.
_DAE_PBR - Collada exported from Substance Painter. Textures are 8K jpg files (Metal/Rough PBR).
_TEX_PBR - Textures exported from Substance Painter and used for all the files bellow. Unpack in the root folder. Textures are 8K 16 bit png files (Spec/Gloss PBR).
_C4D_PBR - Cinema 4D project file with Physical/Standard shaders, using the pbr textures in the texture pack. Screnshot attached.
_FBX_PBR - Autodesk FBX exported from Cinema 4D. You may need to re-tweak the shaders abit, depending on the program you open it in, but all pbr textures should maintain link.
_E3D_PBR - Ready to use in Video Copilot's Element 3D, plus an After Effects project file with the model already loaded. I have exposed the rotation of the Screen in Aux Channel 1, with proper pivot points, for easy animation. You may need to re-link the model/textures upon opening it for the first time, so just point to the root folder, where you extracted the pbr texture pack. Screnshot attached.
_ABC - Alembic file exported from Cinema 4D.
_OBJ - OBJ/MTL exported from Cinema 4D. Also includes a low poly version with a polycount of 23,218.
If you have any questions or requests, dont hesitate to ask me. Also please consider leaving a like or a comment discussing the model. Im eager to know what people think about my models, so i can find ways to improve.