CGTrader, the leading 3D stock model marketplace, accepts guest posts from qualified industry professionals. Pitch us your written articles, infographics, interviews or opinion pieces and approach one of the largest digital design communities in the world.
Who can contribute to our blog?
We are waiting for interesting pitches from anyone interested in the 3D world, but we will prioritize content from industry experts, especially:
- 3D asset buyers
How to get your article on CGTrader
Choose a topic and write a short pitch about it: what you plan to cover, your sources and what you want to say. Send us your pitch and we’ll review it. If it’s something we’d love to read, we’ll let you know in a week (or two!). If your pitch is accepted, our editor will contact you and work out the deadlines and work progress for the piece.
The topic and content of your article must be original and relevant to the 3D industry. Here are some suggestions for topics:
- 3D in movies
- Modeling software reviews
- Design hardware reviews
- Insights about game/movie/advertisement/architecture/etc. industries
- Original VFX and CGI analyses
- Your experience as a 3D modeler (starting, overall career, finding mentors, learning, selling, winning)
- Your top 10 themed collections of 3D assets on CGTrader - no self-promotion, themed collections preferred
- GameJam and game development experiences and results (promote your game)
- 3D and CG history, milestones and significant events
- Short biographies of CG and 3D stars: developers, artists and innovators
If you have a topic that you think is interesting, you don’t have to rush into the project – send us a pitch first (see below). We will review the pitch, and if it’s something we like, then our editor will contact you and you can start working on the article, infographic or other piece of content.
Pitch submission guidelines:
- Pitch length must be under 250 words. You can send full articles.
- We accept pitch submissions only in the .doc and .docx file formats or through Google Docs.
- Great writing (we edit articles to a very limited extent)
- Email your pitch to email@example.com
- Mandatory: only emails with the subject line “Best blog post ever” will be considered.
Pitches are reviewed in 5 working days, all responses are sent to the same email address the pitch was received from. It is possible to arrange anonymous posts, if no other solution is acceptable. Due to the potentially high volume of proposals, if you don’t hear from us in 10 days, consider your pitch refused.
When your pitch is accepted, our editor will work with you directly to set a timeline for your post, formatting, questions and clarifications, etc. We will require you to:
- Create the post! If you are writing an article, aim for the 1,000-2,000-word range.
- Send us original content – the article must not be published elsewhere (you can promote sections of it on your personal site)
- Send us a representative 710x250 image for the header (no brands or logos in the header image, except for watermarks). The image must be royalty free or owned by you.
- Send other images you’d want embedded in the article.
- Adhere to our style: friendly, but informative
- Not post competitor posts/links. We will not accept promotional content for products, companies or services and we will not use any promotional or affiliate links.
- Reply to comments and discussions under your article
- Send us a byline about yourself (up to 4 sentences) - optional
Aside from informative links that are important for the article, you get a single (do-follow) link to your personal/social site (and a link to your profile on CGTrader, if you are a member of our community) in your byline.
- We reserve the right to make any edits to your article.
- We don't pay for guest posts.