June 30th, 2011
We are happy to give you one more way of promoting your products. This time with Google +1!
What is Google's +1 about? Google explains it this way:
Click +1 to publicly give something your stamp of approval. Your +1's can help friends, contacts, and others on the web find the best stuff when they search.
So what does this really mean to 3D artist selling his stuff on CGTrader? First of all when you click +1 on your product, you promote it on Google search by informing your network of related people. The more visitors click on +1 on your product page, the higher position your product appears in Google search results pages. This can help your products stand out from competition. Note, that only people logged in to their Google accounts can use this feature.
And don't forget to +1 us on right corner of bottom menu!
June 18th, 2011
Re-publishing large library to a new online shop can be tedious task. It may take weeks to upload hundreds of models one by one and set all the relevant details. Although artists want to increase publicity for their products, usually they don't want to go through boring job of publishing whole library once again.
After discussing with several big vendors we started offering auto-publishing via FTP. Now all you need to do is to simply upload model files via FTP and tell us where your products are published online. We will do there rest. Your products will be published and assigned to your CGTrader account with all relevant information, preview images and file formats.
Interested artists, please write us firstname.lastname@example.org. We will create FTP account for you and explain the details.
May 19th, 2011
Now you can publish 3D models intended for game or realtime applications under the category Game / Realtime. In the future we will implement related features in publisher and search engine.
Game / Realtime category contains these subcategories:
Join the discussion about game-ready products.
May 18th, 2011
Here is the list of upcoming features and known issues we are working on right now:
- Item page doesnt show product category in which a product is published. Will be implemented as breadcrumbs navigation address below menu bar.
- Search phrase and selected filters get canceled when Sorting or Items per page functions are used.
- Advanced Search by Author name doesnt work.
- Related Keywords on Product page need some calibration to suggest better keywords.
- 3D models and Revit models are shown on the same page. Will be separated to distinct pages and tabs.
- Revit uploading is not yet fully functioning.
- Product edit replaces publishing date so it goes to top of the new models list at the Homepage. Will elaborate on that.
- Personal Message dont work when try to send via Item Page user name link.
- User Interface Help Tips will be implemented to assist you on various functionality.
- Selection checkboxes will be implemented in Files and Images uploader.
- Thumbnails sometimes shows empty image (half-open box image).
Fixed bugs and new features:
- Uploading images sometimes picked up other images, already existing in the database. It happened when image names were the same. Now it is fixed.
- Added Make Primary button at image uploader. Now you can assign any uploaded image as primary image.
- Optional PayPal email address field is added at Sign Up form.
- PayPal email warning at My products page if email address is not provided.
- In Product Description there was a problem with character encoding and occasionally was showing diamond signs with question-marks. Now it is fixed.
- Product status in My Products section now shows
- Products and Profiles without customer ratings are marked as Not rated yet
- Neutral customer rating now means 50% of positive rating.
- File formats below thumbnails was stepping out of the frame. Now it is fixed.
- CGTrader Statistics, Filter by date gets canceled when trying to sort table by any column.
- Description text editor toolbar is purged from unnecessary functions.