AS SFC - Secondary Face Controls for Maya 3D model
AS SFC - Secondary Face Controls for Maya is a tool to improve your facial rig allowing the animators to tweaks with face expressions. This tool provides a solution and automation for make secondary controls follows the geometry vertex of the mesh modified from the blendshapes. In this way you can be able to create rig that have blendshape deformations and at the same time animation curve controls that enable to tweak expressions. The result improve drastically the control that an animator can have with face expressions. In other words this tools automate all the connections / constraints / parenting and recreate all the needed actions with just 4 selections steps instead of doing all manually.
- Smart Install >> just drag 'n drop the install.mel script to the Maya viewport , and a new shelf's button will appear on active shelf. (WIN / MAC)
- Online Documentation >> http://www.adrianosanna.com/?p=951
- Sample files included, with a basic face rig (as image preview)to test the tool.
The important things is that you select the following nodes/objects:
Instructions - Selection steps:
- the animation curve node to get the prefix or subfix of your controller
- the joint you want to parent with . (example: if you need to create secondary controls for face expressions you need to select the Head Joint)
- the mesh (with skinning and blendshapes) that will be the geometry that the seconday controls must to constraint to.
- select all the joints of the secondary controls you created and then launch the button ‘create’
Note that this tool works from Maya2018 and above
If you have any questions do not esitate to contact me.