EVERYPlant Date Palm 03 --16 Models-- 3D model
Name: Date Palm
Scientific: Phoenix dactylifera
This Variation: 3 of 12
Habitat: In it's natural range Date Palms can be found in most places with well-drained sandy soil.
Range: Probably native to northern Africa, but exact origin is difficult to determine due to extensive cultivation.
Notes: This plant has been cultivated for over 8,000 years and has a long history with human civilisation. Today it is grown in extensive orchards in Africa and Asia, as well as an ornmental species in many parts of the world.
Included in this Package: 16 models in total
- Standard -- 732,482 polygons -- 18.72m tall. Fully mature and in relative health. Useable in most scenes and applications.
- Distressed -- 737,221 polygons -- 17.22m tall. Showing an increased level of foliage damage and disease, as well as missing and broken fronds.
- Unhealthy -- 588,478 polygons -- 17.91m tall. In a relatively poor state with much of its foliage missing or diseased.
- Dying -- 360,596 polygons -- 16.81m tall. Plant is just hanging onto life and showing only unhealthy and diseased foliage.
- Dead -- 221,740 polygons -- 14.92m tall. Showing only bare and broken fronds and dead foliage.
- Uprooted -- 302,909 polygons -- 3.37m tall. Dead or dying plant that has fallen onto it's side.
- Ancient -- 828,842 polygons -- 20.11m tall. Slightly taller than the Standard model (palms grow very slowly at greater age). It may also have a heavier fruit burden.
- Young Mature -- 724,072 polygons -- 16.91m tall. Fully matured but with a relatively short trunk.
- Young -- 534,256 polygons -- 10.01m tall. Smaller plant part half way through it's maturing cycle.
- Immature -- 188,165 polygons -- 4.62m tall. Plant is small and hasn't reached its mature aspect.
- First Fronds-- 70,680 polygons -- 2.43m tall. Very small and young plant. It has only a very short trunk and it's true fronds have just developed.
- No Fruit -- 654,091 polygons -- 18.72m tall. Same as the Standard model but with no fruit.
- Less Fruit -- 732,482 polygons -- 18.72m tall. Same as the Standard model but with less fruit.
- More Fruit -- 1,112,188 polygons -- 18.72m tall. Same as the Standard model but with extra fruit.
- No Dead Fronds -- 791,633 polygons -- 18.72m tall. All dead fronds are missing as you would expect for a plant in a curated situation, such as on a plantation.
- Displacement -- 830,933 polygons -- 18.72m tall. Same as Standard model except the trunk has displacement applied to it, adding to the detail level and increasing poly count. Intended for close-up renders.
Re-meshing available upon request, eg adaptive mesh for lower poly count (this is the default setting and is as supplied), uniform mesh for easier editing, strict quads, tris, mixed, poly increase or decrease, etc. No charge to existing customers of the product.
Many other modifications to models also available upon request. No charge to existing customers of the product.
The textures included in this pack are mainly 4k (4096x4096) to cater for detailed renders, this is the default map size and is included in each of the file format download files, no need for seperate downloads. However these may be slow to load or render on some system and may not be necessary in all situations. To allow for this, medium 2k, small 1k, and tiny <1k textures are also available and may be downloaded alongside the various model formats. Different texture sizes can simply be swapped in or out by copying the Maps sub-folder; no need to manipulate the materials in your editor. Please use whichever best suits your system and needs.
EVERYPlant has a mission ... which is to model every plant species in the world (plus some extinct, fantasy and sci-fi variations as well)! Okay, maybe not every plant, but at least the identifiably different species which have at least a common name! Want to keep track on how that's going? You can find the details at our facebook page. Please join us. https://www.facebook.com/EVERYPlant.Project/