EVERYPlant Date Palm 05 -- 10 Models 3D model
Name: Date Palm
Scientific: Phoenix dactylifera
This Variation: 5 of 20
Habitat: In it's natural range Date Palms can be found in most places with well-drained sandy soil.
Range: Probably native to northern Africa, but exact origin is difficult to determine due to extensive cultivation.
Notes: This plant has been cultivated for over 8,000 years and has a long history with human civilisation. Today it is grown in extensive orchards in Africa and Asia, as well as an ornmental species in many parts of the world.
Included in this Package: 10 models in total
- Standard -- 829,652 polygons -- 18.2m tall. Fully mature and fruiting. It is in relative health, showing some diseased and yellowing foliage as is normal. Useable in most scenes and applications.
- Distressed -- 776,482 polygons -- 18.2m tall. Showing an increased level of foliage damage and disease, as well as missing and broken fronds.
- Unhealthy -- 434,056 polygons -- 17.6m tall. In a relatively poor state with much of its foliage missing or diseased.
- Dead -- 77,295 polygons -- 14.3m tall. Showing only bare and broken fronds and dead foliage.
- Young -- 785,058 polygons -- 11.3m tall. Smaller tree some half way through it's maturing cycle.
- Immature -- 254,219 polygons -- 4.8m tall. Tree hasn't reached its mature aspect. It has a shorter trunk in comparision to overall height.
- No Fruit -- 457,602 polygons -- 18.2m tall. Same as the standard model except fruit has not been generated. Useful in mid to distant renders where finer details are not needed, saving on poly count.
- No Dead Fronds -- 738,597 polygons -- 18.2m tall. All dead fronds, which normally hang against the trunk, are missing as you would expect for a tree in a curated situation, such as on a plantation.
- Least Detail -- 358,969 polygons -- 18.2m tall. All the finer detail such as fruit, dead fronds, and frond stubs have not been generated. A simplified tree with lower poly count best used for distant renders.
- Trunk Displacement -- 1,541,575 polygons -- 18.2m tall. Trunk has displacement applied to it, adding to the detail level and increasing poly count. Intended for close-up renders.
LowPoly variations available upon request.
Re-meshing available upon request, eg adaptive mesh, uniform mesh, strict quads, tris, mixed, poly increase or decrease, etc. No charge to existing customers of the product.
Many other modifications to models also available upon request. No charge to existing customers of the product.
EVERYPlant has a mission ... which is to model every plant species in the world (plus some extinct, fantasy and sci-fi variations as well)! Okay, maybe not every plant, but at least the identifiably different species which have at least a common name! Want to keep track on how that's going? You can find the details at our facebook page. Please join us. https://www.facebook.com/EVERYPlant.Project/