Grass Patch Textures for Games Low-poly 3D model
This is a patch of Grass Texture useful for any game projects.
The layers of PSD files are NOT merged! To get the desired result, you can separate each layer : Base Color, Color Variation, Highlights and Ambient Occlusion (AO, only for diversified plants). Also, each arrangement has its own group whit the layers specified above and whit the required mask in alpha channel, so if you are interested for an only specific arrangement, you can move very easily the group in your own texture.
In 3ds max scene you will find a good example of how to prepare your grass groups, before exporting them to an engine. Drop VertexPaint if you don’t use a shader with vertex color.
The package contains:
- 186 different arrangements of grass
- 24 grass textures, with the size of 2048x2048 pixels
- The textures are available in PSD and TGA formats
- A 3ds max scene with textures applied to the low poly objects. (version available: 3ds max 2012, 2011 and 2010)
- 24 groups with low poly grass available in OBJ and FBX formats (with mapping and textures included). These groups are also found in 3ds max scene.
- A scene and a simple shader UDK. This shader will show you only one way that you can animate the grass using vertex color in red channel. Of course you can improve it, or you can use your own technique.
* The UDK scene of the presentation is intended to show an example of how you could use these textures, but is NOT available in the package.