Dublin Castle 3D model
With your purchase you receive the 3D building model of the Dublin Castle as DAE, 3DS, C4D and SKP for immediate download. (see details)
Dublin Castle is a castle in Dublin, Ireland. The caste is situated on Dame Street in the Old Town. A fortress has existed on this spot since the 10th century, the tower of which still exists today. The present castle building, however, dates from the 18th and 19th centuries.
For the pub and music venue in Camden Town, London, see Dublin Castle, Camden. The Dubhlinn Gardens, which were completed in 1680, are located adjacent to Dublin Castle Dublin Castle is located in Central Dublin Dublin Castle Location within Central Dublin General information Address Dame Street Town or city Dublin Country Ireland Coordinates 53°20′34.39″N 6°16′2.742″WCoordinates: 53°20′34.39″N 6°16′2.742″W Elevation 9 metres (30 ft) Opened 1204; 814 years ago (1204) Owner Government of Ireland Grounds 44,000 square metres (11 acres)
Dublin Castle, seen from the park to the south, outside the walls Dublin Castle (Irish: Caisleán Bhaile Átha Cliath) is a major Irish government complex, conference centre, and tourist attraction. It is located off Dame Street in Dublin, Ireland.
Until 1922 it was the seat of the British government's administration in Ireland. Most of the current construction dates from the 18th century, though a castle has stood on the site since the days of King John, the first Lord of Ireland. The Castle served as the seat of English, then later British government of Ireland under the Lordship of Ireland (1171–1541), the Kingdom of Ireland (1541–1800), and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland (1800–1922).
After the signing of the Anglo-Irish Treaty in December 1921, the complex was ceremonially handed over to the newly formed Provisional Government led by Michael Collins. It now hosts the inauguration of each President of Ireland, and various State receptions.
The Castle was built by the dark pool (Dubh Linn) which gave Dublin its name. This pool lies on the lower course of the River Poddle before its confluence with the River Liffey; when the castle was built, the Liffey was much wider, and the castle was effectively defended by both rivers. The Poddle today runs under the complex.