3D Stock challenge
Start selling 3D models and win $500 in cash
Do you have an animated character, shiny car or any other 3D model that just sit on your computer, getting outdated and keep on losing their value? Or maybe you are a pro seller with an extensive model library and looking for a new distribution channel? Publish your 3D models for sale on CGTrader website and automatically participate in 3D stock competition. All models uploaded from 26 March 2012 until 30 April 2012 will be eligible to win up to $500 in cash and $1000 worth of credits on our marketplace.
Only models uploaded during the competition will be counted as valid entries. This is 3D stock challenge, so please prepare your models for selling.
There are two award categories in this challenge (please read Judging section for details). Each nomination will hold one winner and two runner-ups.
Best 3D Stock Seller
Will be awarded by judging the quantity and quality of published models.
$1000 worth of credits
$800 worth of credits
$500 worth of credits
Best 3D Model for Sale
Will be awarded for the best quality 3D model. Award can be given to only one model per author.
$600 worth of credits
$300 worth of credits
$100 worth of credits
* free credits can be spent on onetime or annual activations. Read more how to sell 3D models on CGTrader.
All judging will be performed internally by CGTrader staff. Winners will be chosen based on these requirements:
Best 3D Stock Seller
- The number of published 3D models
- Overall quality of submitted 3D models and preview images
- Clean scenes with correct naming for objects and shaders will be preferred.
- Clear and informative product descriptions
Best 3D Model for Sale
- Overall quality of the 3D model, based on aesthetics, details, topology and level of realism
- Quality of the preview images, the number of images provided (only sharpening and subtle color correction is allowed)
- Scene must be clean, without hidden or unnecessary objects or lights, correct naming for objects and shaders, etc.
- Clear and Informative product description.
I have extensive collection on other online stores, but don’t have time to upload one by one. Can CGTrader help me to publish 3D models via FTP?
Yes, we can publish 3D models for you. We offer this free service to sellers who has 3D models on other online stores and who want to publish no less than 100 models. Please contact us for details.
I already have published some of my 3D models on CGTrader. Do these count as entries in the competition?
No. Only models uploaded from March 26, 2012 until 23 April will be counted as valid entries.
How will you judge Best 3D stock seller entries? Which is more important the quantity or the quality of uploaded 3D models?
Both factors are equally important. For example, an author who will greatly surpass others with the size of the library, will have more chances to win. However, if sellers will have similar numbers of models, we will look at the quality and how models are prepared for selling.
Can I publish textures, tutorials, scripts or other computer graphic assets?
No. At the moment CGTrader specializes only on selling 3D models. All entries in the competition must be exclusively 3D models, prepared for selling purposes.
Can I sell my 3D models, uploaded for your competition, on other online marketplaces as well?
Yes. There are no restrictions on publishing your models anywhere else.
Can I upload unfinished 3D models (e.g. the back side does not have any details)?
Yes, but you have to write about it in the product description. The key is to prepare your 3D models for sale; and customers often look for exactly what you used for your project.
Does free 3D models participate in the competition?
Yes. Sharing the artwork with the community is always encouraged.
Does the price tag plays any importance when judging entries?
No. However, your prices are always judged by the customers.
Terms and Conditions
- Competition runs from March 26, 2012 until 23 April 00:00. Only models uploaded during this period of time are participating in the competition and are eligible to win the prizes.
- All uploaded models must adhere to our Terms and Conditions (EULA).
- The competition is open to everyone, including legal entities and teams.
- CGTrader does not require any payment for entering the competition, nor for publishing 3D models on CGTrader website. Participation in the competition and publishing on CGTrader is free.
- By entering the competition the entrant guarantees that he is the sole copyright holder and indemnifies CGTrader from any subsequent claims that may arise regarding ownership, or any other claims that may impact upon entered 3D model.
- All entries should be original and not the derivative of existing work.
- Employees and relatives of CGTrader staff and judges cannot compete in the competition.
- Entries will be judged on the rules outlined in the Judging section. The interpretation of these rules or any other consideration made by the judges is at the sole discretion of the judges.
- Any taxes or duties on prizes must be paid by the prize winner. CGTrader will not be responsible for any illegal action taken by winners such as evading any applicable duties or taxes.